Young.. Stupid.. and in need of alot of advice!!

Convicted Driver Insurance

charlie090

Last week i was caught drink driving, when i went to pull over after the police lights and sirens went up i hit a grass verge with a nice big rock in it and as a result have a black eye sore ribs and no car to show for what i did. I was breathalised and failed, taken to the police station, they searched me, my stuff everything it was humiliating sitting there in handcuffs while it all happend. I did another test at the station the lowest reading being 76. That meant a night in the cells.
I need some advice because i have to sort this out for myself, godknows ive upset my mum made everyone ashamed and embarassed of me in my family, but most of all im ashamed of myself as i have no real reason as to why i did it, none that could justify doing it anyway!! :(

I am now on bail and due to appear in court the 10th of july (I have a holiday booked on th 13th of july should i tell them this? and will it be affected in anyway?)

I need to know what to do next? How i go about it? Do i need a solictor? If i do, what should i say when i phone them? How bad will the sentence be? :confused: Theres so much i need to know!!

19, Scared and in need of a miracle!
xx

Hi,

I am no expert, and can only give you personal advice as I was in your situation a while ago. The outcome I received was based on a slightly lower reading-however, I received 14 month ban, 0 points, and a £400 fine.

Once I arrived in court (i had no solicitor), the court and usher were very helpful, and the whole ordeal was over in about 10 minutes (once I was called). It IS embarrassing, you WILL feel bad, and you WILL hopefully never do it again.

I hope this puts your mind at rest...I know only too well how scary the ordeal can be. BUT, if it is any consolation...it's nowhere near the end of the world! Just get used to busses/taxis/lifts for the ban length, and move on! I left the court feeling much more at ease...

All the best.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off