DVLA Medical Cost and Appointed Doctor Question

Convicted Driver Insurance

Steveroberts1968

Hi ive just been told i need to have a medical and have been sent a letter saying they have chosen the nearest DVLA appointed doctor for me at a cost of £98.50 + VAT. The trouble is i have been unemployed since being banned so money is very tight, so can i find a cheaper doctor to do the examination or do i need to go with the one appointed to me?

Also how long should i sub stain from drinking before the examination?

Many Thxs

Hi ive just been told i need to have a medical and have been sent a letter saying they have chosen the nearest DVLA appointed doctor for me at a cost of £98.50 + VAT. The trouble is i have been unemployed since being banned so money is very tight, so can i find a cheaper doctor to do the examination or do i need to go with the one appointed to me?

Also how long should i sub stain from drinking before the examination?

Many Thxs

You need to see a DVLA appointed doctor for your DVLA medical, not just any doctor. DVLA appointed doctor fees will be very similar regardless of which DVLA appointed doctor carries our your medical, however, DVLA appointed doctors who are registered for VAT will charge VAT on top of the assessment fee.

If you have any specific queries about the arrangement of your medical then I would suggest you contact the DVLA directly.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off