Recently arrested with 123 breath reading

Convicted Driver Insurance

GMB 15

I recently got arrested with a reading of 123 in breath, I also hit a road sign.

Has anyone been convicted at a similar level / under similar circumstances? If so what was the sentence/outcome?

It is my first ever offence and I am due in court mid January.

Thanks

I recently got arrested with a reading of 123 in breath, I also hit a road sign.

Has anyone been convicted at a similar level / under similar circumstances? If so what was the sentence/outcome?

Thanks

Upon conviction of a first offence of driving with excess alcohol with a breath reading of 123 sentencing guidelines suggest a 29-36 month driving disqualification AND a high level community order or up to 26 weeks imprisonment. Hitting a road sign will be seen as an aggravating factor which can only go towards increasing any sentence imposed. The majority of first time offenders usually benefit from the chance to take the drink driving rehabilitation course which once completed can reduce any period of disqualification imposed by up to 25%.

With such a high breath test reading and high level of alcohol in your body at the time of the offence you will be classed as a high risk offender. This means you will have to satisfy the DVLA of your fitness to drive by taking a DVLA medical before your driving licence will be returned to you upon expiration of any driving disqualification imposed.

Our guide to appearing at magistrates court for drink driving offences may prove useful to you.

You may want to read this thread which contains information on sentences imposed along with alcohol levels for a number of people previously convicted. You could also use the forums search feature in order to find information on cases similar to yours.

Im sure anyone convicted under similar circumstances who reads this thread will also reply. Let us know how you get on.

GMB said:

I have 2 good character references, a letter from my employer & a letter from my ex wife. Work will hopefully keep my role open to me even though a car is essential to my work because i am a valued member of staff. Will this help much in mitigation??

Last edited by a moderator:
I was arrested for blowing 129. I got a hefty fine, 200 hours unpaid work, and a 30 month ban.
Mine was classed as very serious as i was driving a 40 ton artic.
You know you're going to get something, But i can't see it being more than i got.

I have 2 good character references, a letter from my employer & a letter from my ex wife. Work will hopefully keep my role open to me even though a car is essential to my work because i am a valued member of staff. Will this help much in mitigation??

It is hard to say exactly how much these things will help. Let us know how you get on.

This scares the bejesus out of me.
It looks worse than it was. I'd been drinking heavily whilst taking the weekend off at Newhaven docks.
Customs wanted to put the truck in the shed, I told them i couldn't move it, But i was threatened with arrest if i didn't.
I moved it about 2 yards when the police dragged me out of the cab and took me to the police station.
Well and truly stitched up.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off