Need legal advice

Convicted Driver Insurance

ulamunkus

Hi! Please help me.

I am working at nights and I have difficulties to sleep day time. I am healthy (I thought) and I have never ask help from doctors.
On sunday, I couldn't sleep so went down to the shop to get some beer because that is usually helped me to fell asleep.
This time I have choosen extra strong lager (I have regret to do so) with 8.5% alcohol content.
I had 4 can of them so I knocked myself out, slept like a baby.
I suppose to be at work at 10.45 pm, but my colleague woke me up at 10.50pm to ask where I was.
I jump out of bed, get in the car and drove to work. On the way, police stopped me, because I was drining with 40 mph on a 30mph restricted road.
They arrested me strait away and took me to the police station where I have produced 57 microgram per 100 ml of breath...
The limit is 35 microgramm.

I have had clear driving licence and I have never had any criminal record or conviction.
What can I expect at the court? What sencence can I face?
If I go to the doctor now and I explain I have difficulties to sleep at day time, would it matter at the court if I clearly state that I have taken actions to solve my problem?
Obviously to drink alcohol to get sleep is not an option any more and I can't even look at my car. I feel guilty and ashamed,
I feel I got into something I can't get out of. Now I have nightmares and don't feel right at all.
Please help me...

I can prove that I am working nights, because I have requested the rota from my manager. I assume that, the at the court no one will believe me my story. I have no witness, because I was drinking at home in my room alone. (I know it is said, but it is fact)

Thanks for any advice in advance

Hi! Please help me.

I am working at nights and I have difficulties to sleep day time. I am healthy (I thought) and I have never ask help from doctors.
On sunday, I couldn't sleep so went down to the shop to get some beer because that is usually helped me to fell asleep.
This time I have choosen extra strong lager (I have regret to do so) with 8.5% alcohol content.
I had 4 can of them so I knocked myself out, slept like a baby.
I suppose to be at work at 10.45 pm, but my colleague woke me up at 10.50pm to ask where I was.
I jump out of bed, get in the car and drove to work. On the way, police stopped me, because I was drining with 40 mph on a 30mph restricted road.
They arrested me strait away and took me to the police station where I have produced 57 microgram per 100 ml of breath...
The limit is 35 microgramm.

I have had clear driving licence and I have never had any criminal record or conviction.
What can I expect at the court? What sencence can I face?
If I go to the doctor now and I explain I have difficulties to sleep at day time, would it matter at the court if I clearly state that I have taken actions to solve my problem?
Obviously to drink alcohol to get sleep is not an option any more and I can't even look at my car. I feel guilty and ashamed,
I feel I got into something I can't get out of. Now I have nightmares and don't feel right at all.
Please help me...

I can prove that I am working nights, because I have requested the rota from my manager. I assume that, the at the court no one will believe me my story. I have no witness, because I was drinking at home in my room alone. (I know it is said, but it is fact)

Thanks for any advice in advance

Upon a first conviction of driving with excess alcohol and a breath reading of 57 sentencing guidelines suggest a band c fine and 12-16 months driving disqualification. The majority of first time offenders are usually given the opportunity to complete the drink driving rehabilitation course which once completed can reduce any period of disqualification imposed by up to 25%. The fact that you drank alcohol to help you sleep will not effect the outcome of the court case.

Our guide to appearing at magistrates court for drink driving offences may prove useful to you.

Urgent! Please respond!

Can I state that on the hearing at the court that I was driving to work? (while I was 'drunk')
Can this be seen as an aggravating factor by the magistrates?
I was exceeded 30 mph, when I was cought.
Can this be seen as an aggravating factor by the magistrates?
Basically, I woke up and I jumped into the car withouth brushing my teeth.
I stunk of alcohol. I was speeding, because I wanted to be at work on time. Just exceeded 30 mph!
Please help!
Any advice much appritiated!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off