A worried husband

Convicted Driver Insurance

pammieg

Hello to you all. My husband has been charged with drink driving. He had a reading of 59. He drove into a lamp post and wrote off his car. This I am not bothered about, even with void insurance, as I am just eternally grateful it was not a person. No other vehicle was involved. However it is his second offence. He has already, just three days after the offence, signed up with a drink rehab and reform group. He like everyone else is concerned about custodial as it is his second offence within 5 years. He suffers with mental health issues and I am strugglling to keep him from having another breakdown. Anyone out there know of anyone being given custodial for a similar offence.

Hello to you all. My husband has been charged with drink driving. He had a reading of 59. He drove into a lamp post and wrote off his car. This I am not bothered about, even with void insurance, as I am just eternally grateful it was not a person. No other vehicle was involved. However it is his second offence. He has already, just three days after the offence, signed up with a drink rehab and reform group. He like everyone else is concerned about custodial as it is his second offence within 5 years. He suffers with mental health issues and I am strugglling to keep him from having another breakdown. Anyone out there know of anyone being given custodial for a similar offence.

Hi Pam,

Your husbands reading is at the lower end of the scale. However the fact there was an accident indicates a greater degree of harm could have been posed to both himself and members of the public which can only go towards increasing any sentence imposed. Seen as its his second offence within 5 years he will be looking at a minimum period of disqualification of between 36 and 40 months and a fine. On the information you have provided I dont think he will be looking at a custodial sentence. Luckily it was only a lamp post he collided with!!

The court will look at all aggravating and mitigating factors and each court is judged on it's own individual merit. If you husband is acknowledging any sort of drink problem then the problem itself could be regarded as an aggravating feature whilst his candour in admitting it and seeking help should be treated as a mitigating feature. This may cause the court to look towards imposing a community penalty instead of a fine. Community penalties include supervision, unpaid work or electronic monitoring orders (ie a "tag"). Community orders as imposed as an alternative to a custodial sentence.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off