First Offence... Ashamed.

Convicted Driver Insurance

comeoncomeover

last night I was at a cocktail party with friends. My car was left at home as I was happy to walk there/back.
I had way too much to drink at the party and ended up being sick and decided It was time to leave.
I can't understand why I did it but for some reason Instead of going in my home and just going to bed I decided to drive to my girlfriends.
I had walked a good few miles and was feeling much better but I was really in no state to drive.
I swerved into a guardrail with my front wing about halfway along the journey which caused some damage to my wing.
Then bout 2 minutes from my girlfriends house I was pulled over for driving quite fast and blew 80.
I was taken to the station spent the night in a cell sobering up.
I complied with everything as I knew I shouldn't have been driving and don't know what possessed me to do something so stupid.
I'm going to plead guilty as I made a mistake and should pay for it but I'm nervous about what's going to happen now and what I should be expecting
They asked me about the damage when they pulled me over and I paniced and told them it was done a while ago
(the cars used to be my sisters and has other dents everywhere) but I'm not sure if they believed more or how this might affect the judgement/case against me.
Right now i feel terrible. I'm ashamed about what I've done and don't know how to tell my family.
My girlfriend is partially sighted and looks after her ailing mother, she can't drive herself and now I wont be able to drive her where she needs to go.

I know right now you feel awful, but you're not the first to make this daft mistake, and you certainly won't be the last. I was caught driving under the influence last August, I blew 82. At court I got a ban of 20 months, reducable to 15 if I took the awareness course (which I did). Because of this my ban ends in November. As you blew 80, your ban guidelines will be between 17 and 22 months (the magistrates rarely sway from the guidelines). You will probably get about 20 months like I did. The prang you had with the barrier would be classed as an aggravating factor, and this would incline the magistrates to push your ban towards the upper end. ie: 22 months. However, if they don't know about it, it won't be considered... I don't know if the police will investigate the damge to the car and put 2 and 2 together regarding the barrier, I guess unless you're happy to go and confess all you can do is keep your fingers crossed that it will not be investigated. You will get a band C fine, which is dependant on your income and outgoings. Your best bet is to write a letter to the magistrates expessing your sincere remorse, and explaining that you'd be willing to take the awareness course should they feel it appropriate to offer you the option (you'll have to pay for the course, but it's worth it for the 25% reduction in ban). When you arrive at court, request the duty solicitors support if possible. Good luck.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off