Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: My story.....so far - 2 pints and over the limit!

price1367 is offline TTC Group Associate Director

Default Re: My story.....so far - 2 pints and over the limit!

Quote Originally Posted by john44 View Post
    I'm not in any way denying the amount of alcohol in my blood/breath or trying to say that my alcohol level was increased with these drugs. The irony is that I have not drank since I started these tablets and was completely unaware of the possible effects.
    It was my doctor that made me aware two days before my court date. I just felt (as did my wife) that the whole thing was so quick. A defence speach was minimal with little mention of hardship etc. I was given bad prior advice to plead not guilty and have adjournment, then have a solicitor get medical supporting evidence, but then told at court to plead guilty. I was really confused and unprepared, not having any letters of reference or apology.
    I now think (as does my friend an ex copper) that I did the right thing.
    If I was to give advice it would be to be prepared and write an apology and statement for the magistrates including any and all mitigating circumstances.

I Actually don't normally drive when I have to take the painkillers as I physically can't.
    It was a complete hash up of a day ending with unintentionally driving and bowing to pressure ( albeit light hearted) from mates.

Brilliant site and forum.....if only I'd found it before.
    john44
    You are right about the bad advice to plead guilty, what you had was some mitigation to do with your circumstances, not the offence, so you were right to plead guilty.
    You were right about the advice YOU offered..... Be prepared before the court day and
    you are right that is is a brilliant site and forum.....!

price1367 is offline TTC Group Associate Director

Quote Originally Posted by bristol.red View Post
    Sorry, I honestly thought you meant 3 half pints of stella. Just a bit of banter and yes to be on the safe side, don't drink at all is the best advice to anyone.
    Be careful with the Stella. I have always know that it's nickname was 'Wife Beater' but i heard another name for it on a course recently: "Stella act a ****" rather than Stella Artois. Seems very appropriate for the Friday and Saturday night brigade in our town. (forum rules seem to ban the word above, so you will have To Work AT what it should say.
    bristol.red and Emma0563 like this.

Emma0563 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Today I have received the letter. My bail was cancelled and the reason is my sample is below legal limit.

Now I feel relieved from this burden but, I imagine what could have happen. I would like to share with you video clip, which I have found recently. I am 44 years old male - but i could not hold my tears, when I saw this.

And a small tip for all of these who will have the time in the cell waiting for a doctor. Work out guys, use this time to work out, no matter what or how stupid you think you may look like. Alcohol will be clearing of your bodies much quicker so there is a chance you may be within legal limit. But for most of all:

NEVER SIT BEHIND STEERING WHEEL AFTER THE DRINK - NO MATTER HOW IMPORTANT IT MAY SEE AT THE TIME
    please can you tell me what the video was please as I can't find it xx

J3r3myW3b is offline Member

I got pulled over new years morning. After being asleep at the mother in laws i woke up to my partner and her family still drinking, which wound me up we started argueing, so out of the spur of the moment i decided to drive home feeling ok as i had been to sleep.I got a mile down the road and was pulled, the police pulled me thinking my van was stolen as there has been alot of van thefts in the area i was in.They smelt alcohol and wanted to do a test, I blew two tests in the back of the car which failed so they took me to the station and i blew 68 and 73. I am self employed and im the sole earner at home as my partner is trainig, its going to be a nightmare to lose my licence. i wont be able to price work or even get my tools to work never mind do the jobs. Gutted, never been in bother with the police before. Its my first offence.

Has any body got any good advice that will help please, any thoughts appreciated

Ghost is offline Member

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma0563 View Post
    please can you tell me what the video was please as I can't find it xx
    I'm not sure - I think it was a video clip of father in the hospital with his dotter in coma. She was a drink drive accident victim.
    Please KEEP it in mind. Recently in Poland 6 people died and 2 children fighting their lives after been run over by drink driver.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZfLGD4pclQ

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Rating Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

The thread 'My story.....so far - 2 pints and over the limit!' has been rated 5.00 out of 5 by 1 registered forum members and 44 members have commented