Caught drink driving seeking advice

Convicted Driver Insurance

thomas1

Hi I was caught drink driving on Friday morning around 5am, I took the car out and crashed in my street. I then left the car there as it was unmovable and went back to my home (in shock) and thought I would sort it the next day. Half hour later the police came and I was arrested. I blew 86 on the breath test and spent the night in the cells, I was released around half 10. I am going to see a lawyer tommorrow and still need to get the car moved etc. I'm wondering what punishment I will get and is there anything I can do to reduce the ban as I am currently applying for the army. I phoned the army recruitment office and explained the situation and they told me as long as I'm banned I won't be able to join well at least not in the job I want. I have no previous convictions and have had my licence since I was 17 which is roughly 3 years now. This is my first ever offence and I have never felt this bad about anything in my life. Any advice would be very much appreciated, thanks.

Hi I was caught drink driving on Friday morning around 5am, I took the car out and crashed in my street. I then left the car there as it was unmovable and went back to my home (in shock) and thought I would sort it the next day. Half hour later the police came and I was arrested. I blew 86 on the breath test and spent the night in the cells, I was released around half 10. I am going to see a lawyer tommorrow and still need to get the car moved etc. I'm wondering what punishment I will get and is there anything I can do to reduce the ban as I am currently applying for the army. I phoned the army recruitment office and explained the situation and they told me as long as I'm banned I won't be able to join well at least not in the job I want. I have no previous convictions and have had my licence since I was 17 which is roughly 3 years now. This is my first ever offence and I have never felt this bad about anything in my life. Any advice would be very much appreciated, thanks.

Upon a first conviction of driving with excess alcohol and a breath reading of 86 sentencing guidelines suggest a band c fine and a driving disqualification of between 17-22 months. As a first time offender you are likely to be given the opportunity to take the drink driving rehabilitation course which, once completed, can reduce any period of disqualification imposed by up to 25%.

The fact that you were involved in an accident will be classed as an aggravating factor and can only go towards increasing any sentence imposed.

Our guide to appearing at magistrates court for drink driving offences may prove useful to you.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off