Expecting to be charged

Convicted Driver Insurance

sillyrebel

Hello everyone,

Recently arrested and on bail after blowing 47 on the roadside. Was offered blood test and my independent blood analysis came back as 88mg today, expecting to be charged soon. I think I am looking at 12 months (can be reduced to 9 months if I attend the course) ban and band C fine. Could someone recommend a solicitor in London area for court the appearance? No aggravation factor and a straight forward guilty plea. But the guy I spoke to is quoting a fee which way too high, could someone with experience give me a rough idea about the approx solicitor fee for a court appearance with similar circumstances?

This is my first and only offence.

Hello everyone,

Recently arrested and on bail after blowing 47 on the roadside. Was offered blood test and my independent blood analysis came back as 88mg today, expecting to be charged soon. I think I am looking at 12 months (can be reduced to 9 months if I attend the course) ban and band C fine. Could someone recommend a solicitor in London area for court the appearance? No aggravation factor and a straight forward guilty plea. But the guy I spoke to is quoting a fee which way too high, could someone with experience give me a rough idea about the approx solicitor fee for a court appearance with similar circumstances?

This is my first and only offence.

Solicior fees can vary greatly. Please see our london drink driving solicitor section.

Solicior fees can vary greatly. Please see our london drink driving solicitor section.
Hi, not sure whether this is in any way helpful but recently had similar experience. Persuaded by friends to seek legal help after being stopped roadside, breath reading 41 subsequent blood result 86 - driving for 38yrs not even a parking ticket prior to this. Solicitor told me I had no defence - had to plead guilty (over the limit, no argument there) representation in court cost me a small fortune - outcome the same - if I had not been so shocked and anxious could have saved myself enough money to pay for my forthcomming insurance quote! However if you feel there is any defence to be had a solicitor is always best to advise. In all fairness my solicitor did stress that a years ban was compulsory - i was offered the course, expensive as it is, informative and three mths less to wait for license. with hindsight i would have not had representation in court - pointless in my case, just another expense! Interested to hear whether anyone else has similar thoughts on matter.

Hi,i completley agree with the pp. I was supposed to be having a solicitor through legal until the day before court when i found out i had been declined as my case wasnt big enough,papping it wasnt the word! The guy at the solicitors firm said they could represent me if i paid £500+ but he didnt think it was worth it either as my case would mean been in and out within minutes and im glad i took his advice. Also bearing in mind i had a reading of 85mg in breath so quite alot more than you. So i decided to do it on my own i didnt even speak to the duty solicitor as i was the first to be called in and didnt have time. I was in the court room no longer than 5mins and i would of been mortified if id spent so much money for so little time. Like the pp said 12month ban is mandatory and your reading been so small there really isnt anything a solicitor could do and i would also suggest putting that money towards your next insurance quote. I took 2 character references with me and looked very remorseful (actually blubbing the whole way through lol) and i think they helped as i didnt get the maximum ban or fine for my bracket. I hope this helps :)

Thanks everyone for responding. Yes, I was charged finally as the blood result came back as 92mg, slightly over the legal limit. Due to appear in the court in 2 weeks time. I am a software professional and have never been in any trouble with the police before. I won't be able to take character references as I am embarrassed to mention this to anyone at work.

Would it be ok if I decide to go with the duty solicitor but not take any character references? Also, planning to write the letter the magistrate to say how sorry I am, learned from my mistake etc. Would this help?

Your input would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I didnt mention it to anyone at work either as like you way too embarrassed,i had references off a close family friend and someone from local council who knows me well,i also wrote an apology letter myself to the magistrate. I am pretty sure these helped my case as like i said before i didnt get the maximum for my bracket and i also had an accident and also my fine was very small in comparison to other people's that ive read. You could have a word with the duty solicitor before you go in for some advice but they dont usually come into court with you as the drink driving cases are small and quick. You will be perfectly fine on your own just write a letter yourself of how sorry you are and how out of character this is and that you have never been in trouble before etc and look remorseful and you will be absolutley fine :)

The sentencing guideline for my BAC level is given as 12 - 16 months ban with Band C fine. I am anticipating it to be 12 months ban with a chance to attend the course. Does anyone know if the SP30 (speeding offence - 37 on 30 limit) on my license (points recently expired after 4 years) would have any negative impact, resulting in 16 months ban to be enforced, even though my alcohol level was just in the borderline ?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off