Medical- Lft and prescribed meds for smoking WTF

Convicted Driver Insurance

beenanIDIOT

Hi everyone i have my medical coming up in the next 2 weeks when i book it, i am currently taking champix to quit smoking. Now i have been reading that it causes raised levels and abnormal liver test results. What the hell do i do i have not drunk since november to make sure my levels are down and then after all this and giving up smoking my levels will be high anyway??!!

If they are high and over what will the course of action be for the dvla? will they fail me? can i fight this?

Help pleeeeasse :(

Hi everyone i have my medical coming up in the next 2 weeks when i book it, i am currently taking champix to quit smoking. Now i have been reading that it causes raised levels and abnormal liver test results. What the hell do i do i have not drunk since november to make sure my levels are down and then after all this and giving up smoking my levels will be high anyway??!!

If they are high and over what will the course of action be for the dvla? will they fail me? can i fight this?

Help pleeeeasse :(

Ensure you tell the doctor about any medication you are taking and this will be taken into account.

The DVLA can:
  • issue you a temporary 1, 2 or 3 year driving licence
  • issue you a full driving licence
  • refuse your application for a driving licence
You have the right to appeal to a magistrates court (or a sheriff court if you live in scotland) about any decision made by the DVLA to withhold or revoke your driving licence. You must lodge an appeal within 6 months.

More information about DVLA medicals can be found here and the current DVLA medical standards of fitness to drive can be found here.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off