Blew 44 took urine test

Convicted Driver Insurance

Qwerty1

Ok so recently I was arrested on suspicion of drink driving! I'd had a few short drinks and two jager bombs (jäger and redbull). Stupidly as I live in a remote village and because of lack of money I decided to drive home. Having not got very far I was pulled over by the police and breatherlyzed, which I failed blowing 52!
After about 45 mins or so I was at the station where I blew 45 & 44. I was then offered a blood or urine test and at the time not really thinking bout it I chose the urine test. They poured the first sample away and then about 45 mins after this they took the second sample for analysis!
How accurate are the urine tests? Am I likely to pass given the falling readings/time expired? And would I have been more likely to come up under if I'd chosen the blood test?
Thanks

If your reading (breath) at the station was 44/45 you face a ban of a minimum of 12 months.
I don't understand why you were offered blood or urine tests too when you'd given a breath reading.
But based on your breath reading at the station you will get a ban.
Unfortunately, there's no defence you can offer so it's not worth trying to plead not guilty.
The court won't take into account you live in a remote village, may lack public transport and so on. I know, I was in a similar situation.
You can put your situation to the magistrates in the hope that will lessen your sentence (it could be a max of 16 months for your reading) and make them more likely to offer you a rehab course that'll get the ban reduced to 9 months.
No reputable solicitor will take on a drink/drive case unless they feel sure enough it could be proved you were either driving in a medical emergency, trying to escape someone who was trying to physically and seriously harm you, or your drink was spiked. Those are the only 3 categories that could form a defence.
Any solicitor on this site, or elsewhere, who say they'll get you off on the basis the Police machines were faulty should be avoided. They make their money on people's desparation to avoid a ban when it's not possible unless you come into one of those 3 categories. Extremely few do. And the Police machines are very rarely, if ever wrong.
I speak from experience and hope this helps.

They said that because I blew under 50 at the station I was entitled to a blood or urine test

If your reading (breath) at the station was 44/45 you face a ban of a minimum of 12 months.
I don't understand why you were offered blood or urine tests too when you'd given a breath reading.
But based on your breath reading at the station you will get a ban.
Unfortunately, there's no defence you can offer so it's not worth trying to plead not guilty.
The court won't take into account you live in a remote village, may lack public transport and so on. I know, I was in a similar situation.
You can put your situation to the magistrates in the hope that will lessen your sentence (it could be a max of 16 months for your reading) and make them more likely to offer you a rehab course that'll get the ban reduced to 9 months.
No reputable solicitor will take on a drink/drive case unless they feel sure enough it could be proved you were either driving in a medical emergency, trying to escape someone who was trying to physically and seriously harm you, or your drink was spiked. Those are the only 3 categories that could form a defence.
Any solicitor on this site, or elsewhere, who say they'll get you off on the basis the Police machines were faulty should be avoided. They make their money on people's desparation to avoid a ban when it's not possible unless you come into one of those 3 categories. Extremely few do. And the Police machines are very rarely, if ever wrong.
I speak from experience and hope this helps.

Because you blew over 50 you wouldn`t of been given the option of a blood test or urine test.

The OP is right, if you blow below 50 then they take it to blood/urine for a more accurate definitive reading. The police normally choose blood because thats the most accurate i'm led to believe.

Defences are possible if the police mess up their procedure for dealing with samples. Obviously only solicitors could advise if they have done it correctly.

No reputable solicitor will claim to get you off on the basis of mitigation but they can reduce your penalty significantly and advise you on the best course of action at court. They can also review the evidence and may spot an error that is not obvious to the layman (or even the CPS).

I would recommend a solicitor in every case. Being in the dock is terrifying and I wouldn't have got through it without my lawyer.

I had intended to plead guilty and my solicitor got the charges dropped.

'Arrested' .... what were your circumstances that meant your solicitor was able to get your charge dismissed?

I researched all relevant info' on the Internet and realised I couldn't avoid a ban. I had a chat with the duty solicitor the first time I went to court and he confirmed that. I couldn't afford a solicitor, but if I could have he'd have only said to the Magistrates what I said to them myself, which was a clear and honest description of my personal situation, the offence and so on. I got the minimum ban (12 months) for my reading of 55 and the option to reduce after doing a course, which I did. A solicitor couldn't have improved on that in my case.
I realise not everyone is confident enough to go it alone, but the majority of cases are clear cut and the cost of a solicitor is just another financial burden on top of the fine and the ban.

On the road again two weeks today!

Ok so recently I was arrested on suspicion of drink driving! I'd had a few short drinks and two jager bombs (jäger and redbull). Stupidly as I live in a remote village and because of lack of money I decided to drive home. Having not got very far I was pulled over by the police and breatherlyzed, which I failed blowing 52!
After about 45 mins or so I was at the station where I blew 45 & 44. I was then offered a blood or urine test and at the time not really thinking bout it I chose the urine test. They poured the first sample away and then about 45 mins after this they took the second sample for analysis!
How accurate are the urine tests? Am I likely to pass given the falling readings/time expired? And would I have been more likely to come up under if I'd chosen the blood test?
Thanks

My readings were very similar to yours, I blew 51 at the roadside so was taken to the police station.

I then blew 42 and 41 at the police station so was offered a blood test.

I was arrested etc and was told to report back to the police station in almost 3 months time.

I was then taken back to my car and was breathalized again, the reading that time was 26 so the alcohol in my system was clearly reducing.The police officer let me drive my car home and said he would be very suprised if the blood sample came back over the limit and that he would let me know the outcome when the sample came back.

I waited 10 weeks and he finally called me yesterday, my blood sample came back over the limit, "just over the limit but if your over your over" he said rather smugly.

Best of luck mate, I hope your luckier than me:mad:

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off