Worried!!

Convicted Driver Insurance

rgd7123

Hello all!

Just wondering if you could give me a bit of advice! Well as you may have guessed I have been caught drink driving.

It was in the early hours of Saturday morning after around 5 pints with mates back in my old university town, I had decided to go up last minute and drove up Friday afternoon and come back early Saturday morning as I had work on Saturday afternoon. I had around 5 pints which I know is absolutely stupid! I thought I would be ok as the pints were spaced put through the night.

I got into the car and started driving home, where around 6 miles away from where I'd left I spun on the road and went into a ditch. Wasn't a bad accident but I actually phoned the police because I did not know what else to do. I got breathalysed at the roadside and blew 44 was arrested and back at the station blew 55 and 54. I hold my hands up and know I was I'm the wrong and it is something that I will not even consider doing again!

From what I have read on this great website that I should expect a ban of
12-16 months and a fine of around £250-£300.

I am so worried about telling my parents about the incident. My mother suffers with nerves and although I know they will support me through anything I just can't bring myself to tell them. What do you think about this and wether or not I should tell them. I still live with them so they are going to find out sooner or later.

I will not be even thinking about going to drive a car whilst under the influence again! I don't think the lack of food helped though. I'm not nervous about the court hearing as from people in a similar situation as myself and seeing they're bans and fines. The main hurdle is just my parents!

Thanking you in anticipation of any advice that you could provide me!

Best wishes!

Hello all!

Just wondering if you could give me a bit of advice! Well as you may have guessed I have been caught drink driving.

It was in the early hours of Saturday morning after around 5 pints with mates back in my old university town, I had decided to go up last minute and drove up Friday afternoon and come back early Saturday morning as I had work on Saturday afternoon. I had around 5 pints which I know is absolutely stupid! I thought I would be ok as the pints were spaced put through the night.

I got into the car and started driving home, where around 6 miles away from where I'd left I spun on the road and went into a ditch. Wasn't a bad accident but I actually phoned the police because I did not know what else to do. I got breathalysed at the roadside and blew 44 was arrested and back at the station blew 55 and 54. I hold my hands up and know I was I'm the wrong and it is something that I will not even consider doing again!

From what I have read on this great website that I should expect a ban of
12-16 months and a fine of around £250-£300.

I am so worried about telling my parents about the incident. My mother suffers with nerves and although I know they will support me through anything I just can't bring myself to tell them. What do you think about this and wether or not I should tell them. I still live with them so they are going to find out sooner or later.

I will not be even thinking about going to drive a car whilst under the influence again! I don't think the lack of food helped though. I'm not nervous about the court hearing as from people in a similar situation as myself and seeing they're bans and fines. The main hurdle is just my parents!

Thanking you in anticipation of any advice that you could provide me!

Best wishes!

We all make mistakes, everyone on here has been in a similar situation. As for your parents, like you say, they are going to find out sooner or later. You know them better than anyone on these forums, will they be more angry/upset that you didnt tell them sooner rather than later? If so, I would stop putting off the inevitable and tell them asap. If not then just tell them when you feel the time is right.

Good luck with your court case, in a few years time this will all be nothing but a distant (bad) memory!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off