Blew 47

Convicted Driver Insurance

vinnie107

The other night i was out and of course had a couple to drink. I failed the roadside test and was taken to the station where i blew two 47's. I was offered a urine test which I of course accepted and am now waiting on the results. Whats the chance that this is actually the legal limit? And should i send of my own sample to a lab?

Thanks

Nobody can say for sure, plus it depends how long you were waiting before the urine test. You are the top end of the 40's so its not exactly borderline, based on that I'd be surprised if your urine sample comes back as not over the limit, but then stranger things have happened. Prepare for the worst.

Yeahh I know it doesnt look great. Im gonna send off my own sample monday so i can hear something sooner.
Im starting to look for legal loopholes now. The officers did not give me my orders (right to remain silent etc) and when i got into the car it absolutely reeked of cannabis. Don't know if there is any ground there or not.

why did they offer a urine test rather than blood?

i know they can offer both but they usually decide on blood because its more accurate.

What, the police car stunk of cannibis??? I'd imagine that, that could that have been a residual smell from a previous arrest they had made though, or a confiscation. In terms of the not having had your Miranda warning I really don't know, plus it is one thing that they didn't say it to you, it is another thing proving it! Also, doesn't it just mean that if they don't read your Miranda warning (i.e. you have the right to remain silent), then any statements you have made under questioning are inadmissable in court?

The evidence in a DD case is simply the breath test reading so they wouln't be using your verbal statements anyway (assuming you were even questioned - most aren't). The only way I can think that this might be a loophole for you is that unless there was a question mark concerning whether or not you were actually driving and you admitted it under interrogation. I might be wrong here and I'm sure if I am someone will correct me.

Good luck though

For clarity if you were recorded, but hadn't been given the Miranda warning, the video's etc are inadmissible in court. But most DD cases don't require an interview anyway as the breath test is sufficient evidence alone. Good luck with your sample hope it's under .8 but prepare for the worst.

Stephen. Prepare for the worse my friend. When I blew 47 and did my urine test, mine was over! I only had 4 pints, ate after and waiting round ages before driving. I think my urine result was 122 or 117. I wasn't miles over, but still. We live and learn. My ban is finished now, and I managed to keep my job. The worse thing is the criminal record, I'm looking for a new career but I'm gonna have to wait a few more years till I am "Rehabilitated"

Thanks for the reply. I will tell you my scenario. Had a meal before I left then went out with my girlfriend. From the period of 8 until 2 o'clock I had 4 beers. I went for for a piss probably 5 times before I got stop and I got breathlyzed at the station then came up as 47 then I took the urine test half an hour later then they breathlysed me again to find out if I was fone to drive then it was 35 then they let me go but I'm just waiting for the results now. What are the chances I could actually pass ? Had probably 5 glasses of water and pissed 4 or 5 times between 9 to 1.30

Thanks for the reply. I will tell you my scenario. Had a meal before I left then went out with my girlfriend. From the period of 8 until 2 o'clock I had 4 beers. I went for for a piss probably 5 times before I got stop and I got breathlyzed at the station then came up as 47 then I took the urine test half an hour later then they breathlysed me again to find out if I was fone to drive then it was 35 then they let me go but I'm just waiting for the results now. What are the chances I could actually pass ? Had probably 5 glasses of water and pissed 4 or 5 times between 9 to 1.30

That sounds similar to me. There was alot of time elapsed from my last drink and when I pissed in the policeman's cup, but I will still just over. You never know, you might just get lucky. But if I were you prepare for the worse, and start making arrangements on how to cope with your life with no car for 9 months.

By the way my sentence was 12 month ban, £150 fine. Ban reduced to 9 months upon successful completing of approved course.

what time did you start drinking and what time did you stop drinking? how long was the period gap since you started drinking and giving in your urine test ? also, did they breathlyzed you after you did your urine test ? if you did what was your reading ?

what time did you start drinking and what time did you stop drinking? how long was the period gap since you started drinking and giving in your urine test ? also, did they breathlyzed you after you did your urine test ? if you did what was your reading ?

I started around 7pm, stopped around 11. Gave my urine test around 2am. Around half an hour later i got breathalysed and my reading was around 34 and I was sent on my way. Remember with the urine test you only have to be over by one and youl still get charged.

omg :( pretty much the same scenario then......did you drink any water and how many times did you to the toliet ? do you remember ? sorry for asking just want to come up with some sort of figure...

omg :( pretty much the same scenario then......did you drink any water and how many times did you to the toliet ? do you remember ? sorry for asking just want to come up with some sort of figure...

Trust me, I was doing the exact same as your doing now! I drank some water and had some food after the pub, I also went to the toilet a couple of items after. But at the station I of course did none of these, except I had one piss before I did in the cup. Did you get your own sample to test? If so, you could pay the 100 pounds, just to find out that bit sooner?

look i do want to apologies for the misunderstanding. hope you can understand i`m just in such a stressful time. but i do appreciate your time and help. i did get my own example and sent it off. cost me £130 and it will come in 8 working days.i just hope going to the toilet 5 times and having those extra 5 glasses of water would make little bit of difference that i need to get under the limited as your situation and mine were pretty much the same and you were far from the legal limited.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off