Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Admiral Insurance Drink and Drugs policy

dvb723 is offline Member

Default Re: Admiral Insurance Drink and Drugs policy

Quote Originally Posted by Steven67 View Post
    I've not been taken to court yet however I have been contacted by MIB who thereafter stated that Admiral have voided the insurance policy as they have no isuarble assets in regards to myself and MIB will be settling the claim with the company claiming for the barrier repairs. In turn MIB will (if I don't pay them) take me to court and recover their costs. As such I think I will have to agree a payment plan..... 5 or 10 a week is the most they'll be getting from me tho.... offset the financial hit over a period of years and it becomes much less of a kick in the prevebials!
    So today's the day my insurance - admiral - have found out I was over the limit. they have now stated my insurance is void and I have to send my certificate back and i'm now liable for all the costs. Damages to car and personal injuries.

Who would I need to speak to regarding this and what grounds do I have. I own no house, car, no savings :-(

Steven67 is offline Member

You could always file for bankruptcy if you owe them silly amounts of money and have no means to pay it.

Speak to a lawyer but tbh they will just tell you that Admiral will take you to court and subsequently get a judgment against yourself and you will still be liable for the bill.

Hi Guys,

Firstly good luck with all your situations on here

I am in the same situation and am Insured by Elephant. 3 and half years after the accident, I received a bill of 36000 which i simply cannot afford.
    After reading this thread and DepressedDads advice, I have asked the company for a break down of the costs. I did sign the Indemnity back 3 and half years ago as the insurance company said they would not help me at all and I would need to go to court. They told me if i sign, they would help me reduce costs but it looks like i have been duped by them.
    Apart from the legal advice and CAB, is there anything else I should do?

steve1500 is offline New Member

Been watching this thread for a while, My daughter fell foul of Admiral's drink drive clause.

Because of this forum I made damned sure that she did not sign the indemnity form, we wrote back saying if she signed it, she opening herself up to unlimited liability.

I can only re-iterate what depressed dad has said when they send their bill. Go through it with a fine toothcomb. Always reply by post with a 2nd class stamp & get a certificate of postage.

There maths is absolutely atrocious. If someone told them there were 30 days in February they'd believe it. Hire cars is an absolute racket. If a hire car is involved it should be a like for like.

If you pick something up (which you will) they will try to dodge the answer so go back at them

Guitarist is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by steve1500 View Post
    Been watching this thread for a while, My daughter fell foul of Admiral's drink drive clause.

Because of this forum I made damned sure that she did not sign the indemnity form, we wrote back saying if she signed it, she opening herself up to unlimited liability.

I can only re-iterate what depressed dad has said when they send their bill. Go through it with a fine toothcomb. Always reply by post with a 2nd class stamp & get a certificate of postage.

There maths is absolutely atrocious. If someone told them there were 30 days in February they'd believe it. Hire cars is an absolute racket. If a hire car is involved it should be a like for like.

If you pick something up (which you will) they will try to dodge the answer so go back at them
    Hi steve I'm just wondering if you've or your daughter has agreed on paying?

Guitarist is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Depressed Dad View Post
    My son fell foul of Admiral's terms and conditions relating to accidents whilst under the influence of drink or drugs.

Anyone else in the same position with Admiral or other companies.

Section 5 of the Admiral policy contains the following :-

"If an accident happens whilst you or any person entitled to drive under Section 5 of your current Certificate of Motor Insurance is convicted of an offence involving drink or drugs, or was driving under the influence of drink or drugs, no cover under the policy will be provided and instead, our liability will be restricted to meeting our obligations as required by the Road Traffic Act. In those circumstances, we reserve the right to recover from you or the driver, all sums paid (including all legal costs), whether in settlement or under a Judgment, of any claim arising from the accident."

Firstly I suggest anyone avoids Admiral unless you are 100% certain that no drivers on the policy will never D&D

By agreeing to these terms it appears you are accepting unlimited liability. If they succeed with their claim in court you could be financially wiped out.

My son has no assets but they want him to explain how he is going to pay them back.

I have not seen this in my new LV= policy or previous Esure policy.

I doubt whether it is enforceable and suspect they are just fishing for people to top up their coffers.

As an aside it has affected the cost of my new policy as the "accident/claim" is visible to my new insurer and costing me an extra £850.

As the policy holder my son's misdemeanour's are affecting me directly.

Admiral have not been able to explain if a claim has been settled against my policy, or if they are out of pocket through complying with the Road Traffic Act.
    Hello DepressedDad I'm quite in the same situation as your son, I was wondering what was the outcome of all this and if you've went ahead and decided to pay the ridiculous amount of money to Admiral.

firemansam007 is offline Member

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    Have anyone got any updates on those insurers pursuing for recovering money or taking to court? Thanks.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910