Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone actually FAILED the DVLA medical?

YouTeeAitch is offline Member

Default Has anyone actually FAILED the DVLA medical?

Be good to hear from anyone that failed it and hear why?

I'm getting more and more convinced that this medical is more scare mongering than anything else, people with any knowledge of medical things say it is completely untrue that you can trace alcohol in someone's body 3 months since they had a drink!

DrunkDriver is offline Member

Default Re: Has anyone actually FAILED the DVLA medical?

Doubt they can trace anything in your liver even two months before unless your liver is completely ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkDriver View Post
    Doubt they can trace anything in your liver even two months before unless your liver is completely ****ed.
    Yes, exactly what i'm being told.
    What is this test actually for?? All i can think is the only people who would fail are people who neck a bottle of whisky a day??
    I drink a couple of pints a day at lunch, then a fair bit at the weekends, but i'm fairly sure a bit of cutting down on the weekends will mean i'd be fine to be honest.

The test is to find out whether youre dependant or abuse alcohol. Basically to find out if you can be trusted to drive again. If someones a heavy alcoholic, it will obviously show because of the liver damage.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkDriver View Post
    The test is to find out whether youre dependant or abuse alcohol. Basically to find out if you can be trusted to drive again. If someones a heavy alcoholic, it will obviously show because of the liver damage.
    But for the casual drinker, even a 'big weekend' drinker, it should be fine with a week or so clean before the test?

If youre in good health and reasonably fit, i think yes

2yearban is offline New Member

I passed. I went a a week long booze trip to Egypt in march and used to drink 2 weekends a months, maybe 10 pints total. my test was in September.

I also lied about not drinking for the last 2 weeks, i had 4 pints on the Sunday before the test. I was pretty unhealthy but I still passed the test.

i had cut down my drinking.

i know someone else who went the doctor just looked at him, no piss test and just blood and he passed. I would class him as a heavy drinker and he was 55 but did a lot of running.

Just be make sure you stay in control of the drink.

This is good info to know, thanks, i reckon i'll be ok then.

how long did it take from taking the medical to them processing it all and getting your licence? i'm due my licence back on 9th december, if i take the medical early november will that leave enough time to have it returned by teh 9th?

Quote Originally Posted by 2yearban View Post
    I passed. I went a a week long booze trip to Egypt in march and used to drink 2 weekends a months, maybe 10 pints total. my test was in September.

I also lied about not drinking for the last 2 weeks, i had 4 pints on the Sunday before the test. I was pretty unhealthy but I still passed the test.

i had cut down my drinking.

i know someone else who went the doctor just looked at him, no piss test and just blood and he passed. I would class him as a heavy drinker and he was 55 but did a lot of running.

Just be make sure you stay in control of the drink.

George is offline New Member

Hi I know it's probably not that relevant but I don't know how to start a new thread.

i did the deal medical exam for high risk offenders yesterday and i am not a alcoholic by any stretch of the imagination but I am 23 and a lot of the questions refered to the last 3 years of my life. I am very worried because I stupidly answered honestly and said I had taken amphetamines over 2 years ago and cocaine over 1 year ago. I am worried if I am now going to fail the test even though it was a while ago. Will the see that as persistent misuse of drugs? Will I pass the test?

price1367 is offline TTC Group Associate Director

DVLA may well check this with your doctor.
    it will not count as persistent abuse if it is as you describe.
    did the doctor ask for a urine sample or indicate that further tests would be carried out on the blood sample?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast