Introduce yourself, share you story and receive help and support

Convicted Driver Insurance

DrunkDrivingAdvice

Administrator
This section of the forum is for people to help and support other people who have suffered any personal injury or loss due to drink driving. We understand that people who post here will not be particulary supportive and forgiving of those who drink and drive. All we ask is that all members who post in this section do so in a supportive manner.

It is not me personally what has been prosecuted for dd it is my partner well in reality he has been prosecuted for failing to provide a specimen of which he recieved an 18 month ban (hopefully reduced by 5 month with dd course) 60 hours community and 85 court costs , which after reading a lot of posts on here is quite lenient after one of the readings they did manage to get was 106. i am just posting to say how it doesnt just affect the person who was prosecuted its the whole family. my partner had to pack his job in even though his employer said he could carry on working if he could get to work which unfortunatley for him is 125 miles away in which he worked away all week. we have now had to set our own business up which i have to have a traders policy and drive my partner around in various work vechiles and attend auctions and doing lots of running about as well as doing the things i did pre the event household duties kids runs and a college course . i have not posted on here for a moan or a woe is me i just cant believe how much our lives have changed and out of a stupid 1/4 of a mile drive which would have taken all of ten minutes to walk. we are on week two and i am exhausted i think next year will go very slow . roll on xmas 2012 .

Hi,

Last weekend I drove my car knowing I was ok to drive after only having two small glasses of wine at a party. Id had a strong painkiller(tramadol) from a friends partner as I was suffering from a headache which was making me feel sick. A friend travelled with me in the car as she too also knew Id only had two drinks, shes says after my second drink(which was bought for us by a stranger) and she hadnt drunk hers as she said it tasted funny. I started o act weird and out of character like i wasnt really there. Anyways we literally drove around the corner, the car swerved and the police appeared from nowhere and pulled us over. I cant remember a lot of what happened at the roadside but I was taken to he police station and was asked to provide a breath sample, I was unable to provide a reading as I was having a panic attack and struggling to breath( I asked to see a doctor but I was refused my request) I tried to explain that I have to do the peak flow test to check my lung capacity as part of my job and that I struggle with this too, but my protests fell on deaf ears. Anyway I was then told that as I couldnt provide a breath sample I had to give a urine sample( at this point Id not had any fluids for at least 3 hours) I couldnt go and I was told i had 4 seconds to have a wee or I would be charged. Needless to say I couldnt go, I was hyperventilating and in tears at this point, so then I got put in a cell kept in overnight and released the next morning, charged with failing to provide a specimen at the roadside and failing to provide urine at the station. Ive got to go to court in 6 weeks time. Im worried sick, cant eat or sleep and so stressed out. If anyone can give me any advice I would be grateful. Ive never been in trouble before.

Hi I am new. Had a very bad experience this weekend. Had a fight with my abuse now glad to say ex partner and he threw me out of the house in my pj’s at 4am. I had far too much to drink and ashamed to say I got in my car.
I was caught after I hit a kerb badly doing massive damage to my car and a neighbour heard the commotion. So now I am in court on 16th October. I blew 79.
Can anyone give me some words of advice, support, wisdom as to what I can expect as I am seriously scared and freaking out completely about it.
I know I am stupid and am so ashamed of myself. I can’t believe that this has happened.
Thanks.

Hi,

Last weekend I drove my car knowing I was ok to drive after only having two small glasses of wine at a party. Id had a strong painkiller(tramadol) from a friends partner as I was suffering from a headache which was making me feel sick. A friend travelled with me in the car as she too also knew Id only had two drinks, shes says after my second drink(which was bought for us by a stranger) and she hadnt drunk hers as she said it tasted funny. I started o act weird and out of character like i wasnt really there. Anyways we literally drove around the corner, the car swerved and the police appeared from nowhere and pulled us over. I cant remember a lot of what happened at the roadside but I was taken to he police station and was asked to provide a breath sample, I was unable to provide a reading as I was having a panic attack and struggling to breath( I asked to see a doctor but I was refused my request) I tried to explain that I have to do the peak flow test to check my lung capacity as part of my job and that I struggle with this too, but my protests fell on deaf ears. Anyway I was then told that as I couldnt provide a breath sample I had to give a urine sample( at this point Id not had any fluids for at least 3 hours) I couldnt go and I was told i had 4 seconds to have a wee or I would be charged. Needless to say I couldnt go, I was hyperventilating and in tears at this point, so then I got put in a cell kept in overnight and released the next morning, charged with failing to provide a specimen at the roadside and failing to provide urine at the station. Ive got to go to court in 6 weeks time. Im worried sick, cant eat or sleep and so stressed out. If anyone can give me any advice I would be grateful. Ive never been in trouble before.
I would suggest getting yourself a lawyer, mainly to plead some mitigation for you in an attempt to reduce your sentence.

Have a look at this page.

Unfortunately, I do not think you gave a 'good' reason as to why you could not blow into the breath machine or why you could not produce urine. Blood tests are not a given. I also have asthma and the volumetric flow required for a breath analysis is actually fairly low, so even having a panic attack would not be an excuse.

I am afraid you will be banned and fined and will be classified a High Risk Offender (HRO.) This means that when you re-apply for your licence you will need to undergo a medical and provide a blood sample so that your CDT levels can be measured. CDT levels are a guide to how much and how often you drink. If you mentioned Tramadol to the police, you may also be required to provide a urine sample so this can be tested for drugs.

Also, home poured 'small' drinks at parties tend to be larger than those you get in a pub. You had probably drunk at least 4.5 units of alcohol.

If you are female, even though you feel 'okay' to drive, 3 units will be enough to put you over the drink driving limit in England (2 units in Scotland.)

I am sorry I cannot give you better news, but I have been through this twice since April 2017, so I do sympathise.

I would suggest getting yourself a lawyer, mainly to plead some mitigation for you in an attempt to reduce your sentence.

Have a look at this page.

Unfortunately, I do not think you gave a 'good' reason as to why you could not blow into the breath machine or why you could not produce urine. Blood tests are not a given. I also have asthma and the volumetric flow required for a breath analysis is actually fairly low, so even having a panic attack would not be an excuse.

I am afraid you will be banned and fined and will be classified a High Risk Offender (HRO.) This means that when you re-apply for your licence you will need to undergo a medical and provide a blood sample so that your CDT levels can be measured. CDT levels are a guide to how much and how often you drink. If you mentioned Tramadol to the police, you may also be required to provide a urine sample so this can be tested for drugs.

Also, home poured 'small' drinks at parties tend to be larger than those you get in a pub. You had probably drunk at least 4.5 units of alcohol.

If you are female, even though you feel 'okay' to drive, 3 units will be enough to put you over the drink driving limit in England (2 units in Scotland.)

I am sorry I cannot give you better news, but I have been through this twice since April 2017, so I do sympathise.
Don't think Froggy will reply Luna as the message was posted in 2012 and they have not been on the site for nearly 8 years!

This section of the forum is for people to help and support other people who have suffered any personal injury or loss due to drink driving. We understand that people who post here will not be particulary supportive and forgiving of those who drink and drive. All we ask is that all members who post in this section do so in a supportive manner.
First I'd like to thank you for letting me join the group 👍✋️ I'm hoping I can get some advice I was an hgv 1 driver 31 years experience unfortunately 7 years ago I was convicted for failure to provide breath specimen as I was not in the car I was at home 🏡 at the time silly mistake as I got done for refusal unfortunately through my own fault I have a dr30 which is seven years old I want to get back on the road but finding very hard as most people don't want to know I was under the impression the dr30 was spent but still shows on licence for 11 years I've tried in vain to get employed but as you can guess it ain't easy people tell me that you don't have to declare this but as you know every haulage company does a licence check I was wondering if any of you in the group know off any companies that would give a person a chance to be fair I knew it wouldn't be easy but lgv driving is all I've done I put my hands up and know what I've done is wrong just hoping to get a second chance

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off