Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What to do to pass the DVLA medical?

meme is offline New Member

Default Re: What to do to pass the DVLA medical?

I am coming to the end of my 12mth ban - 3mth for course= 9mth
    Started 18th Jan, so 18th Oct, right? I live in Northern Ireland does anyone know how long it takes to get an appointment to do the Medical?

hollis is offline New Member

hi guys, comin to an end of a 2 year ban for a failure to produce, got the medical comin up soon. was wondering if any of you had any idea what the medical tests for, for example does its test for recreational drugs such as cannabis?

nj1606 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by YouTeeAitch View Post
    I get my licence back on 9th December, but as my reading was 116 i have to take this medical.

The information on what to do to ensure you pass is ridiculously vague and practically non existent. I've read a couple of things that suggest you don't drink for 2 months prior to taking the test????

I have been in touch with a friend who works in medicine, and he said this:

No, you do not have to abstain for 8 weeks. Alcohol is absorbed/metabolized pretty much the same for everyone (without Liver disease). It depends on how much you drink, body weight and so forth.
    That being said when you have your blood drawn and they check your Liver enzymes, your AST or SGPT will/can rise from alcohol. Your ALT/SGOT is not indicative of alcohol. Other drugs can affect your liver enzymes; Tylenol, NSAIDS,...Exercise, strenuous can also increase liver enzymes from muscle.
    You probably just need to abstain from alcohol for a few days before having your blood drawn.

Can anyone here confirm or deny what my friend has said? most people i've spoken to and told them about this 2 months non drinking idea seem pretty shocked that that would be the case.

So can anyone shed any light on just how careful i need to be about this test?
    hi I know exactly how to pass a dvla medical re drink drive!
    I had the medical on the tuesday! Had a drink every day, apart from the monday! I am drinkinking 14% red wine!
    Pretty much 2 bottles everyday! PASSED!
    GOT MY LICENCE BACK!
    nothing to do with abstinence, but more like your liver function!

Congratulations nj1606....Good news....!

But exactly what are your drinking habits, and for how long? What I mean is, I'm sure that people who drink 2 bottles of 14% wine each day are not gong to pass a medical for liver functionality. Unles you mean you had a couple of 'benders' recently, which would not impact on overall liver functionality.

Tom Thomas Tommy is offline New Member

Hello.right I just got my 3rd ban in ten years the first two where 9 years ago when I was yong and very stupid . Three weeks ago I was arested for being drunk in charge . I was arested for sleeping in my car as I don't d and d no more . When I got to the police station I refused a sample cos I thort I was in the right as I had no intention of driving . I went to court and thay give me 120 hours c.s and a 2 month ban wich was not that bad realy . But I have to have a medical to get my license back which is in two months I drink one or to a day and maybe 10 over weekend if I stop drinking now will I pass as I realy don't whant to loose my licence for a year for sleeping In my car. don't realy no what I can do . Thanks tom .

Jinkie is offline Member

I have just been for medical for drink driving
    For 2 year he asked me a Liz of questions
    He asked me I I went to alcoholics anonymous I as I yes which I do an haven't had a drink for a year and a half would that make me fail my medical an lose my licennce really worried thank you

Jinkie is offline Member

Default Hi I went for medical for drink driving

Went for medical for drink driving he asked when was my last drink which was a year and a half ago he asked if I went toalcholics anyoomos is said yes does that go bad for u would I fail my medical because that thank you

snk7 is offline Member

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    I have my medical in a few weeks, I have not had any alcohol for nearly 6 months! I do smoke cigarettes (Not a heavy smoker), I am worried on the medical form it asks for have been to see a GP in the last 3 years for alcohol related, I did go because of it and depression, I mentioned to the doctor I will have a DVLA medical in a couple of years. I am thinking if i just tick 'No' and I should get my licence back without any fuss? anyone can advise?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123