Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What to do to pass the DVLA medical?

richy1234 is offline Member

Default Re: What to do to pass the DVLA medical?

also if you go to your own gp they should carry out the same test free of charge to give you some indication of what your results will be ( my gp offered his and im having mine done today).

YouTeeAitch is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by richy1234 View Post
    i cut down quite alot but didnt stop completely my broyher passed the same test 2 weeks before i took it and he drinks similar to me so thaught it would be a breeze. as i said im fit and healthy have no medical problems and work everyday so it was a real shock when i failed
    hmmmmm, i sound pretty similar to you really, although i'm 27.
    on a standard week i'lll probably have 2 pints a day at lunch, then a fair bit on friday and sat night, but not exactly smashing a bottle of vodka every day!

I reckon i'll go a couple of weeks with no drinking and before that try and cut down.

it's annoying how vague this whole process is. and also how pointless. it's not like i'm going to go Tee total because of this! as soon as i'm done i'll be drinking as much as before - obviously not when i'm going to be driving though!

also if you go to your own gp they should carry out the same test free of charge to give you some indication of what your results will be ( my gp offered his and im having mine done today).
    ahhhhhh i did wonder about this! very good idea.

its hard to know what to do with there being no set guidelines and everybody must be different . dont know if you know but if you fail the medical you have to wait (cant remember if its 6 months or a year) to retake it so i would have a test at your gp 6 weeks or so before just to be on the safe side

its hard to know what to do with there being no set guidelines and everybody must be different . dont know if you know but if you fail the medical you have to wait (cant remember if its 6 months or a year) to retake it so i would have a test at your gp 6 weeks or so before just to be on the safe side
    yeah i know about that, it's 6 months i think. hence why i'm doing my best to find out as much info as i can. i am NOT adding 6 months to this ban!

Quote Originally Posted by YouTeeAitch View Post
    yeah i know about that, it's 6 months i think. hence why i'm doing my best to find out as much info as i can. i am NOT adding 6 months to this ban!
    i got done for drink drining 11 years ago but untill last year didnt even apply for my provisional so ive never had a license and cant even get a provisional without passing this medical

i got done for drink drining 11 years ago but untill last year didnt even apply for my provisional so ive never had a license and cant even get a provisional without passing this medical
    how come you have to do the medical, high reading?

how come you have to do the medical, high reading?
    i got done 3 times in my late teen and early twenties the most recent being 11 years ago i havent been done for any driving offences since then but timescale doesnt matter you have to take the medical regardless

DrunkDriver is offline Member

hmmmmm, i sound pretty similar to you really, although i'm 27.
    on a standard week i'lll probably have 2 pints a day at lunch, then a fair bit on friday and sat night, but not exactly smashing a bottle of vodka every day!

I reckon i'll go a couple of weeks with no drinking and before that try and cut down.

it's annoying how vague this whole process is. and also how pointless. it's not like i'm going to go Tee total because of this! as soon as i'm done i'll be drinking as much as before - obviously not when i'm going to be driving though!
    I would say two pints per day and then a fair bit on the weekend is quite a lot. You would definately have to reduce that to pass safely. Being cautious is better than having to wait 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkDriver View Post
    I would say two pints per day and then a fair bit on the weekend is quite a lot. You would definately have to reduce that to pass safely. Being cautious is better than having to wait 6 months
    OH totally agree, don't worry that's just me 'at my peak' as it were. i've already massively reduced that and plan on reducing further. just good to know that i don't have to become a bloody Nun for the next 8 weeks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast