Applying for my license - couple of questions

Convicted Driver Insurance

richard_g

Hi,

I'm finally applying for my license three years after my two year ban ended. Couple of things:

I'm going to need to take the medical, but can drive in the meantime. What I've struggled to gauge from reading lots of threads on here is how worried I should be about it. I've read lots of people who, with all due respect, seem to be heavy drinkers. In the last year or so I've been an occasional Friday night binger, but will generally go two or three weeks without drinking a thing. Would I be reasonably safe in assuming that I'll be okay?

Secondly, when applying for insurance, have I had a license for zero years or ten years? i.e. from passing my test ten years ago or from getting my license back this month?

Cheers,
Richard

One more thing to add to this if I may - do I still have a driving license number that I could get off the DVLA that I could give to someone like Zipcar in the time before I have my medical?

I would assume you would be ok regarding your liver fundtion tests, but if in doubt you could always go to your gp and request to have them done before your medical.

When applying for insurance and your asked how long you have had your driving licence for you put down the date or how many years it is since you passed your test.

For your driving licence number, contact the DVLA.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off