DVLA Medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

ss92

Applied for my license back a few weeks ago and have booked my medical for Tuesday 14th June 2011, that will have been exactly four weeks since I last had a drink.

I understand the tests are ALT, ASP, GGT and MCV and you have to pass 3/4 to be considered for your license back.

I must admit that I'm extremely nervous about this test, by the time the medical comes around it will have been four weeks without a drink at all but I'm worried that this is not enough time.

I've never had any problems with my liver or anything like that, in the past I've had liver function tests in hospital to check for liver damage (for an OD) and they came back fine, although I don't know exactly what the results were.

I wouldn't say that I used to be an alcoholic or that I was dependent on alcohol, but I'm 21 years old and probably used to drink more than is recommended!

Do you think that four weeks is enough time? I assume I'll pass the MCV test, and the verbal questionnaire. I'm just concerned mainly about the GGT, ASP and ALT tests.

I've phoned up the surgery and they informed me that I will be able to get my results the next day.

I would have thought that because I'm fairly young my body would have some sort of resilience, especially considering I haven't been drinking 'heavily' for a long period of time.

I just don't want to fail and have to wait another six months because I was too eager.

(Sorry for not posting this in the Sticky thread, but it seemed like there wasn't many replies recently!)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off