Failed then passed test

Convicted Driver Insurance

Scared1234

I failed the breathalyzer test first thing this morning at the roadside however when taken in to give the two samples on the bigger machine, one passed and I was let go without caution.

However, when I asked if anything went down on a record the police officer said just the police records. He said it wouldnt affect jobs or anything but my mind's not at rest.

Is there any way this record could affect me in the future?

They (the police) were able to tell me about a crash I had when learning, so I assume it's the same sort of record? Could this affect me at all?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as my mind's racing. Haven't been at ease today. :(

Hi there,

I'm no expert but because it wasn't a conviction just a roadside test it will not be recorded and will never come up with CRB's.

(Anyone else chuck in there 2 cents?)

You have no worries as you were under the limit, remember ;)

You should feel very lucky!!

Regards

I certainly do. I fully believe it was a miracle after I prayed in the station.

Horrendous experience for both me and my girl who I was dropping home. It just shows you. We'd been to sleep and waking up the next morning I didn't think I'd be near the limit but there you go. You can't be too careful and to anyone reading this do not take any risks and even the next morning be extra extra careful. It's all too easily done.

A close shave there! The whole "morning after" thing seems to be one that catches a lot of people out.

The police keep records for their own purposes, but you're not going to find yourself with any kind of criminal record. You have to be convicted of something by a court for that to happen.

Glad your experience with a breathalyser was a happier one than most of us on here! :)

Me too, although I still feel scared, guilty and awful. Still can't really eat without feeling sick.

To clarify, there's absolutely no way this would ever come up with jobs or on police checks for voluntary youth work or the likes?

I'm thinking about ringing the police station to ask them but I don't know if it's a good idea? Just need some peace of mind!

If you get a helpful copper on the phone then that might be the best way to get peace of mind.

I know first hand how it feels when the cop at the roadside tells you that the machine says you're over the limit, and you're probably still recovering from that moment to a large extent.

It definitely won't come up on a CRB check, because you have no criminal record (unless you have one for something else that we don't know about!)

If it helps, I found a page on the Information Commissioner's website that tells you how to find out exactly what information the police have about you. I've dealt with the Information Commissioner's office before about something else, and they are the single most friendly and helpful organisation I've ever had dealings with.

http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_the_public/topic_specific_guides/crime.aspx

Thanks very much. I really appreciate all your help.

No, I don't have a criminal record for anything else. I've done a bit of research and I think that this will only come up in an 'enhanced CRB.'

Although seeing as I'm beginning a career in journalism, I think it's unlikely this will be needed. And even it is is, the arrest would hardly be that relevant?

Thanks again.

Don't bother with the old bill. They'd probably stitch you up somehow.

Just relax, this will in no way come up anywhere except in there own records.

It werent a conviction. You're safe as houses fella.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off