DVLA MEDICAL MISSED

Convicted Driver Insurance

samantha

Hi,
I am hoping someone may be able to help or advise! I have a lad who works for me who was banned for drink and drug offences, he was asked to go for a medical a while ago but didnt. He has now been informed that he must wait 6 months before applying!
He has genuine reason for not going, money, time restraints and also emotional reasons. Will this be taken into account and can he appeal? I gave him the job on the understanding he would have he licence back, I am not going to get rid of him I just want to see if there is anything that can be done.
If anyone could help it would be much apprecited

Many thanks
Samantha

Hi,
I am hoping someone may be able to help or advise! I have a lad who works for me who was banned for drink and drug offences, he was asked to go for a medical a while ago but didnt. He has now been informed that he must wait 6 months before applying!
He has genuine reason for not going, money, time restraints and also emotional reasons. Will this be taken into account and can he appeal? I gave him the job on the understanding he would have he licence back, I am not going to get rid of him I just want to see if there is anything that can be done.
If anyone could help it would be much apprecited

Many thanks
Samantha

Hi,

On my letter sent out by the DVLA to attend the required medical it stated at the bottom:

WARNING
If you do not make or attend your medical examination or pay the doctor for the medical examination or give a blood or urine sample, your driving licence application will be refused. You will not be able to drive and you will need to send in another driving licence application.

It says nothing about having to wait another 6 months if you fail to or cannot attend. I know if you fail the medical you are required to wait for 6 or 12 months before you can re-apply again.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I have just read his letter he got and it says that he must wait 6 months. It does say he can appeal or go to court etc. Is this standard (assuming not) or could it be he is telling porkies about what is going on?

Thanks
Samantha

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I have just read his letter he got and it says that he must wait 6 months. It does say he can appeal or go to court etc. Is this standard (assuming not) or could it be he is telling porkies about what is going on?

Thanks
Samantha

Does it say he must wait 6 months for failing to attend the medical specifically? I would give the DVLA a ring to find out.

They probably wont give you any details on him specifically but you could explain the situation and they could tell you if it is standard practice having to wait 6 months to re-apply for failing to attend the medical. Seems very harsh to me, especially if there was a valid reason. I think he could be telling porkies.

If you miss the medical the DVLA have arranged their trap so to avoid a haggle by phone they put everyone in the same class, you have to re apply they send the money back by post and you start agen.then god knows anything can happen,Could mean your more of a high risk, being late?Got up late after the pub they see it ime sure.

I think you only have to wait 6 months or can be twelve if you fail to pay or fail the test (i think) . What i do know though is this ,people make mistakes and we have to have laws to prevent the place becoming a mad house, but the annoying part is. After you are caught drink driving ,you go to court, the court decides the punishment, you did the crime an pay the time, so can someone tell me why after the ban is over people are handed over to a department run by the twisted who play games with peoples life and jobs that through sheer spite cause as much pain and agrivation to a person who by now has realised their mistake, now end up with another year or two ban because of a lost urine sample or they drink at home, in their arm chair that has nothing to do with driving on the highway?

All this time they spend bouncing off the wall dont know what their doing with a blood sample should be within the time of the persons ban, not after, then on the day the ban is up, it should be yes or no you can or cannot drive. people should be able to sue the dvla for loss of earnings, homes, business if that test runs one day past the ban.

It is a sad way to treat people who pay tax and vote them in. the country is going to grind to a holt with paperwork and saftey freaks getting high on wearing a big hat and finding uncontrolled ways to bully the unfortunate wilst they are in a corner, not to mention the £96 everytime they throw forms away, legal robbery thats what it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off