Advice on low blow.

Convicted Driver Insurance

langara

I would like some advice as I was pulled over in Gloucestershire about a month ago. The officer took me to Cheltenham police station where I blew 45 and 43 respectively. I accepted the blood test and the duty doctor was on site so the blood sample would have been taken within a half hour of the breath test. After being bailed I was driven back to my car and breathalysed again. This time I was under the limit. The officer told me that he had a duty of care and drove me home. On the way back he told he thought I might be alright but of course I cannot bank on that. I am a reasonably healthy 6' guy with a good metabolism.
How long would you reasonably expect the police to process the blood sample? and is it worth taking advice if it is a very low blow?

I have two kids an HGV and I feel something really nasty coming up. Stupid? I know. Any advice out there?

I would like some advice as I was pulled over in Gloucestershire about a month ago. The officer took me to Cheltenham police station where I blew 45 and 43 respectively. I accepted the blood test and the duty doctor was on site so the blood sample would have been taken within a half hour of the breath test. After being bailed I was driven back to my car and breathalysed again. This time I was under the limit. The officer told me that he had a duty of care and drove me home. On the way back he told he thought I might be alright but of course I cannot bank on that. I am a reasonably healthy 6' guy with a good metabolism.
How long would you reasonably expect the police to process the blood sample? and is it worth taking advice if it is a very low blow?

I have two kids an HGV and I feel something really nasty coming up. Stupid? I know. Any advice out there?

as a very rough average you will lose 7 units per hour. You could be lucky but i would prepare to be charged. Police vary on how long your on bail, 4-8 weeks as a rough guide.

good luck.

Thank you for that signman.

I had thought as much and feel silly but fairly relaxed. Is there anything I should be doing to help myself or should I just prepare my plan B and take it like a man?

I still have a weeks bail left. I have not got my own sample analysed as my BAC was going down and the police sample is likely to err on the side of caution.

As you say I may be lucky but I am not proud of myself.

Signman your maths is wrong buddy, on the course you have it drummed into you that you get rid of a unit per hour, 1 hour after u started drinking. So if you start drinking at lets say 4pm, you have 6 units (roughly 2 and a bit pints depending on the strength) all the alcohol would be out of your body by 11pm, 6 units= 6 hpurs +1 hour.

35mg in breath for a man is roughly 5 units ( as taught in the dd course).

Therefore 1 unit = 7mg in breath

or am i missing something???

Dont be fooled into thinking your bloods will come back as under 80mg/100. I am currently in the process of going to the magistates with a charge of drink driving and I am pleading not guilty due to events that happended prior to that. I drove my car from the pub and I had two glasses of whit wine and lemonade, i was parked off road and in the events that unfolded I had to call the police, I blew 52 at the roadside, I was arrested, I had my breath test at 01.28 and I blew 41, 01.30 I blew 43 so it looked like it was increasing. That breath test was 2 hours after I last had my drink. I went with the option of bloods thinking maybe just maybe. I got mine tested independantly and my result came back as the actual amount 83mg/100ml, the police test came back as 86mg/100ml so with the 6 off that made my reading 92mg/100ml. In theory you would think same blood taken at the same time same result??? If they did get the same 83mg then I would be under with a bac of 77mg/100ml. Charged on Thursday just gone and I m due to appear in court on the 10th, solicitor not happy that the tests come back different, lots of other mitigating circumstances going on along with the difference in results. it's not always the case that you will be under with a low breath reading.. the police even told me i would be ok.

Hi mate. I blew double the limit at roadside. After an hour was back at station and blew 2 times 45 was the lowest. Was given choice of blood test which i accepted. Blood taken 30mins after i blew at station. Officer said i had drpooed alot in a short time so i could be ok. Bailed for 6weeks. Bail came and no call to say i was under, i wasnt under. 108 in blood. Sent to court 2weeks later was banned for 12 months and fined £350 and offered drink driving course. Ban reduced by 3montgs on completion of course. I am still yet to do course going to book it for the new year. I also drove as part of my job.. Luckily i managed to keep job on other duties and will be driving again when i get licence back.... Seems like a similar situation.

Hope things go your way and are able to keep working if the worst does happen. Let us all know how you get on pal.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off