Failure to Provide a Specimen for analysis charge with previous DR10

Convicted Driver Insurance

winstonlegthigh

Hello there, i am new to the forums and this saturday gone i had an accident in which i hit a car which then hit a police car in front of it. it wasn't a hard blow or anything because there has only been light surface damage to my car i.e. broken headlight and a slightly bowed bonnet (about 4 inches). Anyway i was then found to be quite heavily under the influence of alcohol. i was then taken to the police station and booked whereupon, when they tried to get me to use the breathalyser machine, for whatever reason, i couldn't do it. i mean i blew like they said, 3 times but no clear reading came out so they took a blood test, the results of which i don't know because it was only this saturday that the occurance happened.

My question is, what am i looking at, i am terrified of going to jail, bearing in mind i had a previous DR10, what am i looking at in terms of punishment? i'm not a criminal or a bad person, i'm an estate agent and i made an awful awful second mistake and i'm shaking just thinking of the consequences, my court date is 19th April 2011, which is 3 weeks from now...can anyone tell me what i'm looking at, bearing in mind i think the results of the blood test will show a high level of intoxication...please help.

P.S. i'm 27 years of age, i have no other criminal record except for a DR10 in 2008 for which i recieved a 12 month ban and a 300 pound fine.

New Pedestrian -

doesn't the 3 year ban only apply to people who have been caught drink driving twice in 10 years?

Didn't think it applied to DR10's?

I could be wrong though.

Anyway, to the original thread starter.

Best of wishes to you, nearly everyone on this forum has been through the same experience and it is horrible. I can rant about it all day but I wont bore you :(

Believe me you'll come out of court and feel alot better than you do now.

A DR10 is a drink driving charge! :)

I agree with BT Boy that once you've got court out of the way you'll feel a lot better. Once you've got your sentence you're counting down the days until it's over rather than counting down the days waiting to be given it.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off