Caught last week, advice needed please

Convicted Driver Insurance

Quicksilver3

Hi

I was caught last week for drink driving, blew a 45 at the scene and then a 46 and 45 back at the station. I requested to have a blood sample taken which was done by the doctor around an hour later. Immediately after this however i blew a 36 and was taken back to my car and allowed to drive home. I'm preparing for the worst because i was told in the police station by the policeman that it always shows up higher in your blood (dont know how true this is).

A ban luckily wont affect me too much as im going travelling for 18 months in September so will only have to get used to having no car for around 4 months. My biggest concern however is if i'm convicted is this classed as a criminal record or a motoring conviction?

I'm currently in the process of filling in an Australian 1 year working Visa form and was wondering if anyone has any experience of applying for one of these with a DUI e.g. will it get thrown out or will i have to jump through a few more hoops so to speak?

Also, would you recommend that i get a solicitor to represent me with the reading being so low. The law seems pretty black and white so if my blood does come back positive then i cant see a solicitor making much difference.

Thanks in advance for any replies, can't believe this has happened. Feels like a living nightmare. One thing's for sure and that's that i wont be drinking and driving EVER again.

it is a criminal record unfortunately.

Regarding visas etc.. there is a thread somewhere on here with loads of different advice. Dont know exactly where it is at the mo......

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off