Desparate expat home for a week and arrested for DD

Convicted Driver Insurance

miserable1

Hello there, I was stopped last night and failed a roadside breath test. I was taken to the police station and given 2 further breathtests, however the machine didn't work - they said something about alcholol in my mouth was skewing the results. So they gave me a blood test; again this didn't work the first time and they decided not to give me a 2nd blood test as the first had bruised me badly. Therfore I had to give a urine sample.

My circumstances are that I had been drinking - 3 large glasses of red wine between 5.30 and 8.15pm. I had eaten dinner with the wine and had a coffee after food. Just before I was stopped, i had been passed urine and my bladder wasn't very full. I was stopped at about 11.00pm My sample of urine was taken at 2.30am
My huge worry is not only the stress of being stopped but I am a UK citizen but live in the US on a green card - and I visiting home for a week. I arrived in from Houston Thursday 3 March for a week.
Will there be a problem with my Green Card (I am married to a US Citizen)?
Also the police were keen to blood test me ( i asked for a urine test instead - which they refused and said the blood test is their preference. As they seemed unkeen to take urine as the sample to use - do they think urine is unreliable as a test?

Additionally, I wasn't stopped because I was driving erratically - I was at a petrol station and the policeman could smell wine on me.

Any info / advice anyone has on the tests that didn't work and my Green card will be so very much appreciated.
Thanks

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off