Drink Driving with Another Offence

Convicted Driver Insurance

mark25

I got caught drink driving last weekend - blew twice the limit and was released.

That's bad enough but I am going back to court in 2 weeks for sentencing for GBH. I have a solicitor for that and have been told to expect a custodial sentence. I shouldn't have really been drinking at all as my GBH offence was down to getting into a fight when drunk and I am meant to be getting help for my drinking so getting arrested for drunk driving isn't good.

The GBH and the drink driving happened in 2 totally different places and the police didn't mention the GBH when they were dealing with the drunk driving.

I haven't told my solicitor about the arrest as I don't want it to affect my sentence for the GBH. I have been thinking about it and plan on telling him when the GBH case is finished.

Does anybody know what happens if someone is in prison and have a court date? And how long does it normally take for a drink driving case to go through court?

You should of been given your court date when you wre released. As for the two together you may be better posting on the solicitor part of the forum.

Good Luck

9 hours to go:D

Never will again, let me guess what you will be doing at 00:01 tomorrow morning (provided you're all insured etc. all the best m8, I'm glad its over for you now.

202 days to go!:mad:

Will wait until the morning I think, knowing the police around here they would turn their watches back if I was driving just after midnight. The time has soon gone for me and I'm sure it will for you.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off