Reduction in ban through course

Convicted Driver Insurance

quartz

Well Known Member
Does anyone know whether the reduction you get in your ban is rounded down to the nearest month? On my course letter, it indicated that I could reduce my ban by four months (18 month ban). Can anyone who's been banned for a similar period confirm if it is actually reduced by four months, two weeks? Or am I being optimistic?!

I phoned the court this morning and the guy confirmed that my reduction would only be four months exactly. Has anyone else banned for a period not divisible by four encountered this problem? Can I appeal to have the reduction increased to the full 25%?

On the course I went on the guy had us working it out in weeks, whereas all the court documents I've got give the ban's length in months.

Other people here seem pretty sure about the end date of their bans so maybe it's just me not paying attention, but I only know within a week or so when my ban comes to an end. It's either the 1st, 5th or 6th June in my case. I was convicted on 5th May 2010 and the ban was 17 months, reduced to 13 months with the course.

I've had conflicting information suggesting the three dates I've just said as being my "back behind the wheel" day. When we worked it out during the course it came out as three weeks earlier - if anyone can help me out with a definitive date I'd be grateful!

Really though, for the few days difference it would make is it worth putting yourself through the stress of even trying to find out if you can appeal?

I take your point, but I like having a "back behind the wheel day" target to aim for. I guess the course will help me work it out as you say.

It probably isn't worth the hassle - my wife would definitely agree with your summation!

On the course I went on the guy had us working it out in weeks, whereas all the court documents I've got give the ban's length in months.

Other people here seem pretty sure about the end date of their bans so maybe it's just me not paying attention, but I only know within a week or so when my ban comes to an end. It's either the 1st, 5th or 6th June in my case. I was convicted on 5th May 2010 and the ban was 17 months, reduced to 13 months with the course.

I've had conflicting information suggesting the three dates I've just said as being my "back behind the wheel" day. When we worked it out during the course it came out as three weeks earlier - if anyone can help me out with a definitive date I'd be grateful!

Really though, for the few days difference it would make is it worth putting yourself through the stress of even trying to find out if you can appeal?

For what my opinion is worth i would say your ban ends at midnight 4th June 2011 if you have a 13mth ban. "back behind the wheel day" is 00:01 on the 5th June 2011 as long as all your paperwork and license is in order.

Could someone please figure out my date for me. (I'm not thick would just like a second opinion!) Convicted 16 july 2010, 18 month ban, have done course. I'm thinking mid sept, hoping end of august and dreading beginning of oct! I'm going to see lee evans in birmingham on the 25 sept and really would like to drive up myself.
Cheers peeps:D

Could someone please figure out my date for me. (I'm not thick would just like a second opinion!) Convicted 16 july 2010, 18 month ban, have done course. I'm thinking mid sept, hoping end of august and dreading beginning of oct! I'm going to see lee evans in birmingham on the 25 sept and really would like to drive up myself.
Cheers peeps:D

Hi I got an 18 month ban on the 20th of June. Did the course which reduced ban to 13 months and two weeks. So I reckon your ban should be up end of August early September if the DVLA pull their finger out and don't drag their feet. Dee x

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off