failed breath test, never returned to police station.

Convicted Driver Insurance

kevin123

I failed at the road side. Then failed at the police station (44 , should be below 35). Took blood test and then put on bail to return on 29 jan 2010. I never returned to bail and do not know what is happening. Should the police come and get me by a specified time ? I drive for a job and need my licence . Any i deas where this is going for me. Cheers Kev

This will depend on whether the specimen of blood was over the prescribed limit or under the limit. If it was under the limit and no further action was taken then there may be no cause for concern as the Police will normally release you from bail on receipt of a negative blood analysis.

If however the specimen was over the prescribed limit and the Police intended to charge you, you will have committed an offence under the Bail Act.

In the present case your actions would likely be regarded by the Court as a deliberate attempt to interfere with the administration of justice. If dealt with by a Magistrates' Court you would be liable for a sentence ranging from a low level community order to up to 3 months imprisonment. If dealt with by a Crown Court the sentence can be as high as 12 months imprisonment.

With regard to the underlying allegation of driving with excess alcohol, the Police are subject to a strict 6 month time limit in which to either charge you or issue a summons. If this has not been done then you should not be convicted of the underlying offence.

If you would like to contact myself or a member of our team to discuss how best to proceed, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0845 002 0736.

Kind regards,

Carl Johnson
Drink Driving Solicitor
On behalf of Sean Joyce

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off