Caught drink driving - Advice appreciated

Convicted Driver Insurance

alan_b

Hi, I was pulled over this morning in my car and charged with drink driving. I had to go and pick up my daughter unexpectedly, who was alone and scared in the town centre and unable to get a taxi, and stupidly didn't realise I was so over the limit. My breathe test was 113. I've been driving for 23 years and always had a clean license. My job is also travel dependant. I know I've been a complete idiot and have not yet consulted a solicitor. I was simply going to plead guilty and ask to be shown leniancy.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Alan.

Hi Alan,

My heart goes out to you, I was caught on boxing day and my reading was much higher, I have now been put on prozac & nerve tablets which are bringing their own problems, waiting to get court date moved so my solicitor can be there.

I have also been driving for over 20 years with a spotless licence.

Hind sight is wonderful, isnt it?

I am spanking new to this forum as like yourself I think any help is good help.

I am a single parent, 3 dependant children and I work.

I was 3 mins away from my home, but, I did commit the crime, no excuses, just get yourself a solicitor that deals with these cases & some good character references.

I will definitely loose my licence, maybe more than 2 years, which means selling my new car, I just hope I am not sent to prison for how much over i was.

I have never driven after a drink, like yourself, circumstances and hay ho.

I am going to look at my situation as a positive thing....tea total ( joined AA the next day) and will build a new life, judge willing, after my massive fine & massive ban.

good luck
organic

Hi, I was pulled over this morning in my car and charged with drink driving. I had to go and pick up my daughter unexpectedly, who was alone and scared in the town centre and unable to get a taxi, and stupidly didn't realise I was so over the limit. My breathe test was 113. I've been driving for 23 years and always had a clean license. My job is also travel dependant. I know I've been a complete idiot and have not yet consulted a solicitor. I was simply going to plead guilty and ask to be shown leniancy.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Alan.

Upon conviction of driving with excess alcohol with a breath reading of 113 sentencing guidelines suggest a disqualification of between 23 & 28 months and a low to high level community order. As a first time offender you are likely to be offered the chance to complete the drink driving rehabilitation course which, once completed, can reduce any period of disqualification by up to 25%.

Thanks for the responses guys. I still can't get my head around what I was thinking, the singularly stupidest thing I've ever done. Is it worth getting a solicitor involved if the sentancing guidelines are so clear cut?

Thanks,

Alan.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off