HRO confusion

Convicted Driver Insurance

neverwillagain

Well Known Member
Hi all
With so much info out there it's getting confusing! I was banned in jan and due to get my licence back feb 10th. I had to have a medical before years ago but my last offence was ten years and three months before this one, so I am outside the ten years. Shortly after I was banned I received a letter headed hro1 saying if I am convicted again within ten years I will have to undergo a medical. Is this a standard letter that everyone has recieved? I phoned dvla last week and was told that an application will be with me the middle of December but could not tell me if I had to have a medical? Any ideas anyone

Hi
Just another question, for the members that have had a medical were you told in the letter you received from dvla after court that you would need a medical
Thanks

You don't need a medical. If you did, they would have said 'you need a medical'; rather than 'if you are caught again within 10 years you will need a medical'. You also would have been told in court.

You know if you are going to need a medical from the day you are banned - it's stated on all the paperwork from the court and you get a number of letters about it from the DVLA.

Also HR01 = no medical needed.

You can enjoy Christmas!

I also agree with a HR01 reference you dont need a medical. However the rest is not correct. I was not told at court, nor was I told in any of the paperwork from court. I recieved a letter from DVLA a month after court advising me of being disqualified but still no mention of a medical. It was a further 4 months before I had a letter advising me that I needed a medical.

Hi,

Im getting conflicling advice. all I need to know is HRO1 definetely NO MEDICAL REQUIRED.

Thanks

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off