Just been banned

Convicted Driver Insurance

bannedandgutted

I've recently been convicted for drink driving. I was pulled over at 3 am and had a reading of 106 microgrammes. First I knew about it was when I started to sober up in a police station. I had been drinking at home and had no reason to go out. I can't remember why I stupidly decided to go out for a drive but for some reason I did. I was caught about 5 mins away from my house and spent the next 14 hours locked up until I passed the breath test.

I've been banned from driving for 2 years and given a 12 month community order plus court costs of £85. (No previous convictions or any points on my license prior to this)

Not expecting any sympathy just thought I'd add this as when I was waiting to go to court I was worried about being sent to prison and found it a small comfort to read about people who'd been caught in similar circumstances and what sentence they ended up getting. Most importantly, not being sent to prison for a first offence, which due to my high reading was a possibility.

Before I went to court my solicitor strongly recommended reconsidering why I had gone out as nobody just goes out in the middle of the night whilst intoxicated and decides to drive. After speaking to my girlfriend she confirmed we'd has an argument shortly before hand so my reason for going out was to "cool off" to diffuse the situation.

I realise most people will be on here as they have either just been caught or convicted but for anybody who hasn't yet been done I strongly recommend not even risking it. The punishments are severe and inflexible, it really isn't worth it. Not to mention the danger you put other innocent people through and the hardship it can cause on your family if you are the only person who drives and they rely upon you. Trust me they will not be happy.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off