In court tomorrow

Convicted Driver Insurance

pinkpanther

I am in court tomorrow, and very frightened...see previous post from me
"advice on failing to provide and being of unbalanced mind" on the ask a solicitor thread.

If I plead guilty I am looking at a minimum of a 3 year ban which would result in the loss of my job (the one thing that keeps me goiing at the moment). If I plead not guilty then the case wil be adjourned for a couple of months and I will have time to get medical assesments etc.. the trouble is I am not sure I am strong enough to go through a trial.. any advice gratefuly received.

PP x

I presume you have taken legal advice and have a good defence? If this is the case, I wouldnt plead guilty in case you cannot cope with the stress of the trial. I would go on the advice of a solicitor.

A few month of stress on trial will be nothing compared to the 3 year inconvenience and stress without your own transport and the loss of your job, at least thats how I see it anyway. Everyone is different. Only you know what you can and cant cope with and only you can decide what to do.

Good luck, let us know what you decide and how you get on.

Just back from court, horrible humiliating experience! Pleaded not guilty and bailed for trial 1st Feb. At least it gives my solicitor time to get medical records and prepare a good case, and I still have my licence for a couple of months.

Latest update

Had some brilliant news yesterday, the CPS have decided not to proceed with my case. My soliciotr was brilliant and put my side of the story.... I am so relieved :)

You are a very lucky young lady.
Congratulations and never make the mistake again!
I'm sure its put the fear of god into you.

Best regards.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off