Would appreciate some advice on Court proceedings...

Convicted Driver Insurance

DMR

Hi everyone,

I'm afraid I've been an idiot and been caught drink driving this weekend, I'm completely gutted and hold my hands up. I blew 66.

I've had a good read through and have a pretty good idea of what punishment to expect, but I'd like to hear peoples advice/experiences on how the court proceedings go and what to expect during the day at court, and what's required of me in the courtroom?

Thanks all.
David.

Hi
From personal experience it was over reasonably quickly once I got in the courtroom, I had to wait five hours to be called! Basically the charge was read out by the prosecution and I pleaded guilty, I handed some letters to the bench from my employers and the three magistrates discussed it. I was offered the course which I accepted and told my punishment and fine. I had the option to pay my fine in instalments but said I wished to pay it all on the day. The whole thing was over in less than ten minutes. Although I was worried sick up to the court date it was a relief to be walking out with the feeling it was over. Good luck and hope all goes well .

Hi assuming that within the 10 years preceding this Offence you were not convicted of a similar offence (and without knowing what Points may currently be on your Licence) you should expect a Disqualification of between 17-22 months plus a Fine based on your net income, a contribution to Prosecution Costs of about £45.00 and a Victim Surcharge of £15.00. You should be oiffered the chance to go on an Alcohol Awareness Course (which you have to pay for) and when completed your Disqualification will be reduced by 25%. I am also assuming you intend pleading Guilty - if you are not going to be represented you need to be clear (verbally or in writing) what you will say about yourself, your job, your driving record, how this offence occurred, whether there were aggravating features and of course show some remorse! Good luck Frank Rogers

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off