In court tomorrow

Convicted Driver Insurance

Silly twit

I have been caught for drink driving a week last Tuesday Morning at 1.30 am with a reading at the station of 84mg/breath. This is my second offence and I was convicted in March 2002 banned for 11 months and fined £350, that was for a reading of 72mg/breath.

I have spoken to a number of solicitors and have been generally told that this WILL NOT attract a custodial sentence as it is below the threshold nor should it attract a community service order, but I know that for the second offence I WILL be banned for the minimum of 36 months and a fine.

It is just over 8 and half years since my last ban and I did attend the Drink driving awareness course which helped me a lot I kept to the strict rule that if I drank I did not drive or visa versa until I unfortunately got arrested this time due to my dangerous and stupid miss judgement of error. I have been having some stressful and frustrating times at my place of work which I am working through.

I have written a letter to the magistrates court being extremely remorseful and apologetic and have tried to explain my actions, including the situation within my job. I have also requested to attend the Drink Driving Awareness course again and understand that some courts consider it depending on the circumstances.

I have to admit I am nervous and not knowing what to expect apart from not a custodial sentence

I have been caught for drink driving a week last Tuesday Morning at 1.30 am with a reading at the station of 84mg/breath. This is my second offence and I was convicted in March 2002 banned for 11 months and fined £350, that was for a reading of 72mg/breath.

I have spoken to a number of solicitors and have been generally told that this WILL NOT attract a custodial sentence as it is below the threshold nor should it attract a community service order, but I know that for the second offence I WILL be banned for the minimum of 36 months and a fine.

It is just over 8 and half years since my last ban and I did attend the Drink driving awareness course which helped me a lot I kept to the strict rule that if I drank I did not drive or visa versa until I unfortunately got arrested this time due to my dangerous and stupid miss judgement of error. I have been having some stressful and frustrating times at my place of work which I am working through.

I have written a letter to the magistrates court being extremely remorseful and apologetic and have tried to explain my actions, including the situation within my job. I have also requested to attend the Drink Driving Awareness course again and understand that some courts consider it depending on the circumstances.

I have to admit I am nervous and not knowing what to expect apart from not a custodial sentence

For a breath reading of 72 and a second offence within 10 years, sentencing guidelines suggest a disqualification of between 36 and 46 months and a band C fine.

You may or may not be given the chance to complete the drink driving rehabilitation course a second time around, it will be the Magistrates decision.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Okkie dokkie, went to court yesterday, was there from 9 15 am till around 3 45pm, was not seen till around 12 30pm.

It was what I expected I was banned for three years although surprisingly I did not get a fine, I was ordered to pay court fees of £85, have to say the magistrates were not at all happy with me and I cannot blame them what so ever, if I were they I would not be happy either.

I was also told that I have to do 60 hours of un-paid work (Low level Community Order) which in a strange way I am looking forward to it and who knows I may continue with it if I like it after the 60 hours are finished I have been told that the order will last 12 months.

This community order I am hoping will lead to good things as out of this mess that I myself created I only want good to happen. I have been told that I may be working for some charity in a shop of something else, that I find out when I attend a meeting with the Probation service on Monday. I will inform you and the forum as to what I have to do re my Low level community service.

Would like to continue to post on here after all this has been done and dusted to perhaps help other people through the experiences I have had.

I had been drinking due to a series of bad news all happening at the same time in my family. i was caught drink driving, what a stupid thing to do at the time. i am so ashamed. anyway my reading is 157mg in 100ml in blood. i was cs sprayed with what i believe was an expired cs gas and it also took more than three hours to do the blood sample at police station. i understand that there is a chance back calculation can work in my favor. please can somebody tell me, if this is possibilty, i really need my license for work.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off