what are my chances??

Convicted Driver Insurance

richard25

Rite i was pulled up for drink driving 2 days ago about 5pm and i blew 40 so i was taken to police station which was anout and hour away then it took them another 30 mins before i took another breath test and i blew 40 again. which to be fair the police couldnt beleave and they said if i blew 39 they would of sent me on me way so i missed it by 1 so then they said i had the option of a blood test. which then i had to waid another hour for so i had my blood test and i asked the police what the chances of me getting threw this and they did say they would be very surprised if i had to come back to be charged has im on bail now. and before i left the police station the made me take another breath test and i blew 34 which was 15-20 mins after my blood being taken. so my question is what are my chances really any advice would be much needed thanks. oh its worth saying that my last drink was roughly 3 am and i was pulled at 8,30 am. done breath test blew 40 then at 9.40 at police station took another breath test and both tests came back 40 so there was no lower reading to go on . so next was offered blood had to wait roughly 45 min-1 hour before they took blood. then 20 mins after blood test done another breath test and blew 34. police have already said they will be surprise if im charged but can i take there word for it and 2 solicters have said the same all so. please help me with some advise please

Hello,

To be honest, I cant work out, why you have come on here looking for reassurance. If the Police and at least 2 solicitors have said they would be surprised if you got charged, then you just have to accept that until you answer your bail.

However, Breath and Blood are two very different sources of calculating your final results altoghether. Blood, to be perfectly honest with you is unpredictable, it all depends on your weight, height, metabolism, how fast your body can process alcohol etc etc.

I wouldn't like to say whether, you are going to get a slap on the wrist, or end up losing your licence, its an impossible call at this moment. In my opinion.

The police should have offered you a sample of the blood that the nurse/doctor took. If they did, and you still have it, you could pay to have it independantly analysed, it costs around £200. At least then you can put your mind at rest. Or Until you answer your bail, then you just have to sit tight and wait.

Let me tell you this, pray that blood sample comes back below 80, and learn from it if it does. If it comes back 80 or above, then prepare yourself for a shock. The punishment for this crime can be and is quite severe.

Regards,

The Village Idiot.

Wow, that is a close call !! :D

The way I understand it 35 is the legal limit but they generally only prosecute over 40. Hopefully you'll be okay, as mentioned the punishment is rather severe !!

Hello,

To be honest, I cant work out, why you have come on here looking for reassurance. If the Police and at least 2 solicitors have said they would be surprised if you got charged, then you just have to accept that until you answer your bail.

However, Breath and Blood are two very different sources of calculating your final results altoghether. Blood, to be perfectly honest with you is unpredictable, it all depends on your weight, height, metabolism, how fast your body can process alcohol etc etc.

I wouldn't like to say whether, you are going to get a slap on the wrist, or end up losing your licence, its an impossible call at this moment. In my opinion.

The police should have offered you a sample of the blood that the nurse/doctor took. If they did, and you still have it, you could pay to have it independantly analysed, it costs around £200. At least then you can put your mind at rest. Or Until you answer your bail, then you just have to sit tight and wait.

Let me tell you this, pray that blood sample comes back below 80, and learn from it if it does. If it comes back 80 or above, then prepare yourself for a shock. The punishment for this crime can be and is quite severe.

Regards,

The Village Idiot.

For advice and to learn presumably. Like the majority of us who have used this site.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off