Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Default DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

Hi folks,

Just wanted to provide some information on the timeline (at least in my case) from when I applied for my driving licence until I received it. I am a high risk offender so needed to go for a medical also.

9th August
    Sent driving licence application off in the post with a cheque for relevant amount (£96 if i remember correctly)

1st September
    Cheque cleared

10th September
    Received letter from DVLA informing me of the doctors details I needed to make an appointment with for my medical and that I had 21 days to make an appointment. Had a reply slip with pre-paid envelope I had to fill out and return to DVLA once I had booked the appointment, this was to inform them of the time and date of said appointment.

22nd September
    This was the date of my medical. Was pretty straightforward really. Gave a urine sample and a blood sample which a nurse took. I then seen the doctor who asked me questions about my drinking habits, took my blood pressure etc

11th October
    Driving licence arrived in the post, YES!!!

I completely stopped drinking for 6 weeks leading up to the medical. I dont drink that regularly anyway, was just being safe rather than sorry. I was however worried as I had been taking a lot of ibuprofen and co-codamol in the weeks leading up to the medical due to a foot sprain and had read that this could lead to elevated liver enzymes. Looks like I was worrying needlessly anyway.

Well thats it folks, the whole sorry and stressful mess finally completely and utterly over with

Hope this info proves helpful to some one, good luck to everyone in a similar position.

P.S: This web site has been a great help
    Last edited by Forum Moderator; 11-21-2011 at 08:23 PM.

Forum Moderator is offline Global Moderator

Default Re: DVLA Medical High Risk Offender Licence Application Timescale

This thread has now been stickied as there are a lot of questions in the forums regarding the timescales involved when applying for a driving licence again after a disqualification. The above post outlines the timescale of a forum members application process as a high risk offender.

It would be useful if other members contributed by replying to this thread with the relevant dates and timescales involved when they made their driving licence application.

The following links may also prove useful:

This thread and this thread also contain lots of useful information

You can also use the forum search facility to find other related posts & threads

Regards
    Forum Moderator

UK - UK Drink Driving Laws | Drink Driving Solicitors | Convicted Drivers Insurance | BAC Calculator | FREE Legal Advice | Latest News
    | Latest Info | Drug Driving

U.S. - US DUI Drunk Driving Laws | US DUI Lawyers & Attorneys | SR22 Auto Insurance | BAC Calculator | FREE Lawyer Consultation

International - Worldwide BAC Limits Maximum legal prescribed blood alcohol content limits for over 250 countries & jurisdictions

tezza is offline Member

how much did it cost you in total to ie dvla fee,,,,plus medical fee please

dull5039 is offline Member

Very thankful to Coursecomplete's post, you have guide us to the steps of getting a driving license, and in case of drunk person. How difficult it could be, ibuprofen and co-codamol also can harm your health badly, so be careful in future about your health and take care of foot sprain.

Quote Originally Posted by tezza View Post
    how much did it cost you in total to ie dvla fee,,,,plus medical fee please
    Was £90 for driving licence fee if I remember correctly and 96 quid for DVLA medical so £186 in total.

Derek is offline Member

Had my medical 7/12, still haven't heard fron dvla. Ban ends midnight 4/1/12. Will I be able to drive then if I haven't received it?

over3under4 is offline Member

After completeimng the course my disqualification ends in March 2014. I have completed and sent away D1 form along with postal order of 90 as I was comcerened about the timescale so applied as soon as I was 3 months from the disqualification ending.
    Can anyone advise me on the next step which is the medical.The DVLA will tell me to see a certqain GP. Is it the GP on the day who decides there and then if further information is required from my own GP or is it a standard practice to request information from my own GP. I have not had alcohol for about 1 year and should sail through the medical but is there anything anyone can recommend I say or do or not say foron the day of the medical to encourage the DVLA GP to simply tick the box and move on?

I'm going to post my timeline too.

My ban ended mid August however I didn't sent my application until 1st September, I'm yet to hear back from the DVLA. I'll edit this post as my application progresses for the benefit of people in my situation in the future.

I've only been alcohol free since 1st September so I'm not sure how the CDT results are going to show up, actually I had a big night out on the 7th and drank a lot so we'll see how that effects things. Right now I'm more worried about the questionnaire because when the doctor asks me if I've had an accident while under the influence of alcohol, I have no option other than to say yes given that I crashed while DD.

Not overly nervous because my job doesn't require me to have a license but it would be nice to have it back so I can put this behind me.

Anyway, I'll update this post as per DVLA responses.

OK I can't edit so I'll just add my post. My letter from the DVLA to book my medical came about a week ago, I managed to book my appointment for today, so less than a week after receiving the letter the medical is over with. If you're not an alco the medical is easy, blood pressure, eye test if you wear glasses, tests peripheral vision, feels your kidneys, stethoscopes your front and back and takes you blood. The only thing worrying me is the questionnaire as I couldn't deny that I had been in an accident due to alcohol because the DVLA know I have.

Will update with news as and when.

colinlusted is offline Member

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Crush Grapes Mate View Post
    OK I can't edit so I'll just add my post. My letter from the DVLA to book my medical came about a week ago, I managed to book my appointment for today, so less than a week after receiving the letter the medical is over with. If you're not an alco the medical is easy, blood pressure, eye test if you wear glasses, tests peripheral vision, feels your kidneys, stethoscopes your front and back and takes you blood. The only thing worrying me is the questionnaire as I couldn't deny that I had been in an accident due to alcohol because the DVLA know I have.

Will update with news as and when.
    Hi
    thanks for the post. It would be good to hear your outcome! I can apply for my licence in about 3 weeks. stopping all alcohol from this weekend.
    Look forward to your next update

Colin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast