some advice please about defence

Convicted Driver Insurance

monty01

was arrested cause i was force to drive car threw fear, 100 yards from a niteclub.sat nite i was told i was gettin done in cause of my wife jealous x husband,my wife was at home nite it happen.she 8 month pregant.2 men start inside club,they were told to leave by staff,when end of nite appoached,i checkmy phone ,had voice message from wife,telling me get home im in danger.outside i saw 2 men at road end,talking tocar full 0f men,jump in my car and drove it by round corner by them,was goin walk rest.home only half mile away.arrested b4 got chance. has anyone used duress as a defence?my wife contact police a hour b4 driving affence even happen,telling them a fight was happening,fear for my safety.were i wasat. she got call at home saying .say good bye to yr husband.she phone station when couldnt get me on phone. could i use this as defence considering she contact police b4 it all happened,proving im not making it up so save license

out in club. 2 men started fight with me, my wife has jealous x who do anything to see me gone. end of nite,car load guys sitting outside. also had voice message from wife,tellin me i cud get hurt.someone phone home and told her.she couldnt get me on phone so she told police instead. out of fear i jump in car instead walking by them.drove round corner to out of site. by time i was lockin door of car,cops were round me. blew 56. didnt tell them about guys in car. didnt see point.heard people using drove out fear as defence,and fact wife phone station before offence happen,could that help me proving im not lieing

Given the circumstances I don't think there will be any question of whether or not you are telling the truth - in addition a common problem is whether or not you voluntarily ceased driving once the threat was no longer imminent (which you say you did).

You just have to convince the magistrates that the situation was so severe, and that the threat was so real that it warranted endangering the wellbeing of others by driving whilst over the limit. This will obviously depend on the specifics and nobody can probably predict - as it depend on the bench on the day.

Go and speak to a solicitor who will give you the first 30 min free and will advise you of whether they think you have a case.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off