My story and a query

Convicted Driver Insurance

another

I thought that I should share my story with you all, as it has helped me by reading some of yours.

Basically, I had a few drinks in the afternoon and evening for a end of project doo. Missed the train home, stupidly decided to drive! I'd been working 12-15hour days leading up to the event, and about 5mins from home I fell asleep at the wheel and veered off the road and wrote my car off. Did a runner and was seen leaving the scene of the accident. Police arrested me at home later on and I spent the rest of the night in the cells.

I blew 66, given 40hrs community service (low due to my work commitments) and was banned for 36 months (I was previously convicted of drink driving 8years ago and did the course back then, I wasn't allowed to do it again).

There hasn't been a single moment that has passed since the incident that I've not thought about it and at the moment I'm at an all time low.

I am going to write to the court after 2years to see if I can get my licence back early. The nature of my work is very nomadic and am currently travelling 2-3hrs each way to get there. I've had to move closer to the station as I've been knocked off my bike more times that I'd like to remember, some of which the police have followed up. My parents are elderly and are finding it more and more difficult to get around by themselves. I'd like to start a family with my wife who has stuck by me throughout this, but I'm not committing until I can drive again.

I am aware that I will face a medical that can throw up a few anomalies and I'll have a medical done privately before I apply to the court as additional evidence that I am rehabilitated. I'll get at least two character references written, by my employer and my father in-law. I've had no problems with my conduct since the offence (not that I have had any before the incident bar the previous DR10).

Can anyone suggest anything else I could use to support my case or any advice? What is the best way to get the best results for the medical, I don't drink excessively and am fit and healthy. I won't be drinking at all 5-6months before the medical, but I've read that muscle damage can throw a spanner in the works and I do a lot of sport?

Any help is much appreciated.

My understanding is that you have to apply to the sentencing court for a reduction in your original ban.

Given that this is the same court that felt that you did not merit a reduction of 9 months in return for attending the rehab course, what do you feel is the likely outcome?

I was told that you can only attend the rehab course once and I did it last time. I know what you're saying though.

That's odd as it was the court and solicitor that told me. Maybe I shouldn't have told them I'd already done it. If I had of not come clean that night I could of come away with dangerous driving and a load of points.

Here's me thinking that a bit of honesty might help.

Sounds like I'm fcuked then.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off