Sharing my experience

Convicted Driver Insurance

kayoko

Hi all, i thought i would post details of my DD experience as i have found this forum and site extermely useful and wanted to give back. If your like me you are extremely remorseful and are awaiting court, you'll likely be worried as hell. I've just got back from court today.

I was stopped at 03:00am 10 days ago after receiving a call from work and stupidly travelled to fix a problem after 3 hours sleep. I was caught speeding and blew 94 and 98 at the station. I have a previous speeding offence from 3 years ago and a DD conviction from 17 years ago.

According to the guidelines I was looking at 120 - 220 hours (mid level) community service and a 23-28 month ban.

Got the band I expected, 24 months, will be reduced to 18 months after I complete rehabilitation course. But managed to get a fine rather than community service which was a very good result. I know all cases are different though.

Basically I was lucky to avoid community service and this is what I did for court. :-

GET yourself a decent brief to mitigate for you. You MUST do this if you blew over 90 in my oppion. I wrote indepth details of the incident and the impact a ban and community service would have on my family life and career and handed them to the solicitor so nothing was missed.

Show up in court on time of course, well presented, wearing a suit - this shows you respect the court.

GET 2 character references from family or freinds. Make them good, ie your a great person, trustworthy, hardworking etc etc.

Show genuine remorse in court.

Anyways, just thought i'd write up my experience.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off