please help, will I have to re-take my driving test?

Convicted Driver Insurance

steveralph

hi was wondering if any one can help my driving ban is coming to an end in a couple of months i was banned for drink driving i was also indorsed for having no liscence or insurance but i took my test and passed before my court date will i get my liscence back or will i have to take my test again

thanks
steve

Last edited by a moderator:
hi was wondering if any one can help my driving ban is coming to an end in a couple of months i was banned for drink driving i was also indorsed for having no liscence or insurance but i took my test and passed before my court date will i get my liscence back or will i have to take my test again

thanks
steve

If the Magistrates ordered disqualification until an appropriate driving test is passed then it will make no difference whether you passed your driving test before you were convicted or not, you will still have to re-take your driving test before you will be legally permitted to drive and obtain a driving licence from the DVLA.

thanks for your reply the magistrates didnt say anything about an appropriate driving test the just said i was banned for 17 months

thanks for your reply the magistrates didnt say anything about an appropriate driving test the just said i was banned for 17 months

If you held a full valid UK driving licence before you were banned and the Magistrates did not state you needed to take a re-test in order to get your driving licence back once your disqualification ended, then you will not need to re-take your test.

thanks again for your reply so i wont have to take my test again even though they endorsed my liscence for other offences because i had only held my liscence for less than 2 years

thanks again for your reply so i wont have to take my test again even though they endorsed my liscence for other offences because i had only held my liscence for less than 2 years

You may have to retake your driving test under the rules for new drivers, however this will have nothing to do with the fact you were disqualified for drink driving.

If your driving licence was endorsed with 6 points or more within 2 years of passing your test, then yes, you will have apply for a provisional driving licence and re-take your driving test.

If any new driver incurs 6 points or more on their driving licence within a 2 year probationary period of passing their driving test then their driving licence will automatically be revoked by the DVLA and they will need to re-apply for a provisional licence and retake their driving test.

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off