Drink Driving & Dangerous Driving Convictions

Convicted Driver Insurance

SEMTEXSAM

Hi, I am new to this forum, I realise this is a drink driving forum but I got caught 3 years ago pulled over by the police then I took off from them in my car (totally insaine thing to do - but alcohol made me think I was superman) and crashed into a lampost a few miles up the road. I got convicted of drink drive and dangerous driving and banned for 12 months and ordered to do an 'extended test'. Losing my licence has left a really dark cloud over my head the last few years and I wouldn't dream of ever doing such a stupid thing again.

Really whaat I am looking for is someone with any advise regarding the extended test - I have taken quite a few driving lessons and re-done my theory test which to be honest I have spent a fortune on court fine £750 then lessons about £300-£400 then the test itself about £120...its all been very depressing then being banned from the road for 12 months was torture in itself. I have my extended test tomorrow and I really need to get through it so I can put this behind me and move on with my life.

Also I am looking at quotes at the moment and got quoted £1,450.00 for 12 months 3rd party on a W reg Golf GTI what do yo think of that as a quote is that ok? Can I get better? After 4 years my dangeros driving falls off my licence but...does this need to be declared to the insurance after this period has passed?

Any advise would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi, I am new to this forum, I realise this is a drink driving forum but I got caught 3 years ago pulled over by the police then I took off from them in my car (totally insaine thing to do - but alcohol made me think I was superman) and crashed into a lampost a few miles up the road. I got convicted of drink drive and dangerous driving and banned for 12 months and ordered to do an 'extended test'. Losing my licence has left a really dark cloud over my head the last few years and I wouldn't dream of ever doing such a stupid thing again.

Really whaat I am looking for is someone with any advise regarding the extended test - I have taken quite a few driving lessons and re-done my theory test which to be honest I have spent a fortune on court fine £750 then lessons about £300-£400 then the test itself about £120...its all been very depressing then being banned from the road for 12 months was torture in itself. I have my extended test tomorrow and I really need to get through it so I can put this behind me and move on with my life.

Also I am looking at quotes at the moment and got quoted £1,450.00 for 12 months 3rd party on a W reg Golf GTI what do yo think of that as a quote is that ok? Can I get better? After 4 years my dangeros driving falls off my licence but...does this need to be declared to the insurance after this period has passed?

Any advise would be much appreciated. Thanks.

More information on re-taking your driving test can be found here. Insurance companies will ask if you have had any claims or convictions in the last 5 years, you should answer this question honestly.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off