Caught drink driving last night advise needed

Convicted Driver Insurance

Joe00N

Hello

I was caught in the early hours this morning giving a colleague a lift home after finishing work as a chef we had a few drinks and they missed there last train. I stupidly decided to give them a lift home, I was pulled over at around 1.30am and failed the roadside breath test. I co-operted at all times and when breath tested at the station I blew 84 then 76 was processed and released in the morning after sleeping it off.
I would like advise on whether it is worth paying out £500 hundred pounds for a solicitor or if I can get one free of charge, if so who best to contact.
I am currently studying Motorsport Engineering and living away from home so this will potentially seriously affect my employment prospects is anyone else working in the motor industry and have any advice?
I have been driving 4 and a half years with no previous offences looking at the basic disqualification for the breath reading I am looking at 18-22months, what kind of fine should I expect being a student also.

Any help would be greatly appericiated.
Thanks Joe

Hello

I was caught in the early hours this morning giving a colleague a lift home after finishing work as a chef we had a few drinks and they missed there last train. I stupidly decided to give them a lift home, I was pulled over at around 1.30am and failed the roadside breath test. I co-operted at all times and when breath tested at the station I blew 84 then 76 was processed and released in the morning after sleeping it off.
I would like advise on whether it is worth paying out £500 hundred pounds for a solicitor or if I can get one free of charge, if so who best to contact.
I am currently studying Motorsport Engineering and living away from home so this will potentially seriously affect my employment prospects is anyone else working in the motor industry and have any advice?
I have been driving 4 and a half years with no previous offences looking at the basic disqualification for the breath reading I am looking at 18-22months, what kind of fine should I expect being a student also.

Any help would be greatly appericiated.
Thanks Joe

You may qualify for legal aid which could cover all or part of the cost of hiring a solicitor, depending on your financial circumstances. You can find more information on testing eligibility for legal aid here.

Whether it is worth paying for a solicitor is largely a subjective opinion, it is definitely worth consulting with one, regardless of whether or not you hire one to represent you in court.

See here for more information on fines.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off