17 YO due In Court.

Convicted Driver Insurance

JOHNB92

Hi there , I was caught by police in my car with a reading of 69 mg and I am due in court next month I also had an extra passenger in the car and Im getting charged for that. Does anyone have any idea how long I will be banned for ,how much i'l be fined and If I'l need to resit my test. Its my first conviction ever and Im 17 had my licence 7 months :( I know its stupid but its done now..

Thanks
John

Hi there , I was caught by police in my car with a reading of 69 mg and I am due in court next month I also had an extra passenger in the car and Im getting charged for that. Does anyone have any idea how long I will be banned for ,how much i'l be fined and If I'l need to resit my test. Its my first conviction ever and Im 17 had my licence 7 months :( I know its stupid but its done now..

Thanks
John

Sentencing guidelines suggest a driving ban of between 17 and 22 months for a breath reading of 69. You will no doubt be given the opportunity to complete the drink driving rehabilitation course which can reduce the disqualification period by up to 25%.

Fines are calculated using your own specific financial circumstances, you will be asked to fill out a financial means form. The amount of fine you receive will depend on your financial situation.

Whether or not you will have to resit your test will be at the magistrates discretion.

hi I thought i'd let you know how i got on , well here it is
I was given a 12 month ban and rehabilitation course , 235 pound fine and able to pay up £10 a month , very generous so with the rehab course 9 month ban , Just wondering though, the judge never mentioned anythin about resitting my test, and I did not get any points so Im curious to whether i will have to resit . Thankyou :D

hi I thought i'd let you know how i got on , well here it is
I was given a 12 month ban and rehabilitation course , 235 pound fine and able to pay up £10 a month , very generous so with the rehab course 9 month ban , Just wondering though, the judge never mentioned anythin about resitting my test, and I did not get any points so Im curious to whether i will have to resit . Thankyou :D

If the judge did not specifically state you would need to re-sit your driving test, you will not need to.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off