how long for blood test result to come back

Convicted Driver Insurance

dlh

My son was stopped for DD he failed the breathylser readings were 44 and 46, he had drank 3 pints over 6 hours. He was given a blood test and 40 mins later re-took breathylser which he passed and was told he could return to take the car home. Which he declined and was dropped off home.

He has heard nothing and this happened 7 and half weeks ago, the police said it would take 6 weeks. Do you get informed either way as we are waiting in limbo. He doesn't want to ring the police, as he is scared.

when he left the police station he should of received a bail notice from the police saying when he should present himself again at the police station so he can either be charged or released. (obviously this depends on his results of the blood test). What paperwork did he bring home with him?

if he was released on bail and didn`t answer on the date given the technically the police can issue a warrant for his arrest i believe.

did he take his own sample to get it independently analysed?

He only returned with the breathylser print out and told he was on bail pending blood test results which should take 6 weeks. I don't know what to advise him for the best. I just assumed it would be posted to him, but maybe he has to return to the police station to find out the result. He was under the impression that if he didn't hear anything that was the end of it, but as you say he must still be on bail. He was in a state of shock at the time and didn't have a solicitor and was just glad to get out of there as he has never been in any trouble before.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off