can i get it back?

Convicted Driver Insurance

gz023247

Ok well the dreaded day is now over and done with. I was given a fine of £450 that was reduced to £300 and a 3 year ban with an offer of reducing it by 25% to 2 years and 3 months if I do a drink awareness course.

The main thing is I never got banged up which is what I was worried about most. I have to say the solicitor at the court was really good and further to that never cost me anything which I am very happy with as other solicitors were looking for like up to £1,000 to represent me etc.

One thing I am confused with though. Firstly no points were awarded onto my license which I was pleased about and no community service which I am grateful for. Nothing was mentioned regarding me having to resit my test etc when the ban expired. I have looked on the net and see I will need to take a medical, but I can't get anything black and white confirming if I do or don't need to take another test to get my licence back after the ban.

I spoke with work collegue who's dad is a judge or something and he advised her that I would just apply for my licence back at the end of the ban period with no re-test needing to be done.

Can anyone advise me please?
Also anyone want to buy a car lol!!

Phone up the DVLA and ask them, but as far as I know you just reapply.

Of course, being a high risk offender they will make it much more difficult for you and if I were you I would lead the life of a teetotal vicar during this period. Just read through previous posts of banned drivers who clearly have alcohol problems, bleating and whining because they can't get their licences back. These are the people the process is supposed to catch, and it does.

Good luck.

Ok well the dreaded day is now over and done with. I was given a fine of £450 that was reduced to £300 and a 3 year ban with an offer of reducing it by 25% to 2 years and 3 months if I do a drink awareness course.

The main thing is I never got banged up which is what I was worried about most. I have to say the solicitor at the court was really good and further to that never cost me anything which I am very happy with as other solicitors were looking for like up to £1,000 to represent me etc.

One thing I am confused with though. Firstly no points were awarded onto my license which I was pleased about and no community service which I am grateful for. Nothing was mentioned regarding me having to resit my test etc when the ban expired. I have looked on the net and see I will need to take a medical, but I can't get anything black and white confirming if I do or don't need to take another test to get my licence back after the ban.

I spoke with work collegue who's dad is a judge or something and he advised her that I would just apply for my licence back at the end of the ban period with no re-test needing to be done.

Can anyone advise me please?
Also anyone want to buy a car lol!!

Unless the Magistrates specifically stated you would need to sit a re-test in order to to regain your driving licence then you will not need to do so. You just apply for your driving licence once your period of disqualification is served.

Last edited:
many thanks for the replies back on this. The judge never stated a re-sit of the driving test, so it sounds as though I just have to bide my time and then get my license back. Well thats something as it cost me a fortune to get the thing in the first place lol!

As for being tee total -------what for 2 years and 3 mnths!! Blimey hope not mate lol..... I only drink once a week if that so surely if i kerb that a few mnths prior to the medical I would be ok???

many thanks for the replies back on this. The judge never stated a re-sit of the driving test, so it sounds as though I just have to bide my time and then get my license back. Well thats something as it cost me a fortune to get the thing in the first place lol!

As for being tee total -------what for 2 years and 3 mnths!! Blimey hope not mate lol..... I only drink once a week if that so surely if i kerb that a few mnths prior to the medical I would be ok???

I'm sure you will be fine. It's the chronic pissheads they are quite rightly after. Just trawl through some of the threads here and you will find them.

50 days to go for me, but as I'm in Pattaya for the duration I couldn't give a toss now :D

I have to say the solicitor at the court was really good and further to that never cost me anything which I am very happy with as other solicitors were looking for like up to £1,000 to represent me etc.

What solicitor did you use? I'm considering legal representation myself.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off