Failure to provide a sample

Convicted Driver Insurance

gentleb

hi there, i hope everyone reading this is ok and getting on with things...
me, i was a total idiot... i went to visit a friend who was upset, she drove me and her to a pub saying she wasn't going to drink. we both had a few and a big meal. i honestly didnt drink that much but am on prozac and don't know if that is the cause of what was to follow (in addition to my own stupidity). My friend felt unable to drive but I felt fine so I stupidly took the keys and took the keys to a car I had never driven. I stalled it coming out of the pub and saw the police car. I stalled again and then put it into the wrong gear and reversed. I was asked to step out of the car and my friend told me to suck a 2p coin which I did :-( The officers told me to spit out the coin which I did and then I blew 88. My friend then got breathalised as she needed to drive the car home, and she blew under the limit and would have been fine to drive. One of the officer's found this amusing and I got wound up and argumentative. In the station I refused another sample with her in the room and was locked up for the night. The next day i apologised but of course it was too late. I appeared in court last week and my lawyer put forward mitigation but the case was adjourned for pre-sentance reports and I am to see a probation officer next week.
Losing my license is awful as I live out in the middle of no where with bad public transport. I was open about this with my employers who have been supportive so I know I am lucky. I am worried I will have to do unpaid work because my boyfriend lives away and I only see him on a Saturday. Can I ask to do my hours (if I get them) on a sunday? What do you expect I will receive by way of punishment?
I have certainly learned my lesson and will never get behind the wheel with even a sip of alcohol so I guess that is the whole point.
any advice/experience would be very much appreciated.
Thank you.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off