CAUGHT DRINK DRIVING

Convicted Driver Insurance

meg1232

:(I WAS STOPPED BY THE POLICE ON NEW YEARS EVE. I HAD BEEN WORKING AS A D.J AND MY DAUGHTER RANG AND TOLD ME MY SON HAD BEEN KNOCKED UNCONCIOUS IN THE LOCAL PUB. TRIED RINGING A TAXI BUT COULDNT GET 1 SO I DROVE. I WAS STOPPED BEFORE I GOT TO THE PUB AS I SET OFF WITH NO LIGHTS ON. MY BREATH TEST WAS 67MGS IN COURT ON THURSDAY THIS WEEK. WILL THE COURTS TAKE THIS INTO CONSIDERATION ? WHAT SORT OF SENTENCE CAN I EXPECT TO RECEIVE. THANKS

No - Sorry. they won't. You'll get a ban (12 - 16 mths) a criminal conviction and a small fine £200/£400

Sorry

:(I WAS STOPPED BY THE POLICE ON NEW YEARS EVE. I HAD BEEN WORKING AS A D.J AND MY DAUGHTER RANG AND TOLD ME MY SON HAD BEEN KNOCKED UNCONCIOUS IN THE LOCAL PUB. TRIED RINGING A TAXI BUT COULDNT GET 1 SO I DROVE. I WAS STOPPED BEFORE I GOT TO THE PUB AS I SET OFF WITH NO LIGHTS ON. MY BREATH TEST WAS 67MGS IN COURT ON THURSDAY THIS WEEK. WILL THE COURTS TAKE THIS INTO CONSIDERATION ? WHAT SORT OF SENTENCE CAN I EXPECT TO RECEIVE. THANKS

While they will take all circumstances into consideration, you will still be prosecuted for driving a vehicle with excess alcohol and receive a mandatory driving ban. For a breath reading of 67 sentencing guidelines suggest a ban of between 17 and 22 months and a fine. You should also be given the opportunity to complete the drink driving rehabilitation course which can reduce any ban imposed by up to 25%.

Let us know how you get on at court.

Last edited:
Hi went to court today and got 12 months ban reduced to 9 months with driving rehabilitation course asnd a £250 fine. They took all circumstances into consideration including my clean license for over 20 years.I also took a letter from employer with who i have been with for 17 years as a character reference.
I can honestly say this is a lesson well and truely learned and i will never risk drink driving again.Overall i feel very lucky today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off