Failed roadside breathalyser

Convicted Driver Insurance

jimbo

Well I am new here, so sorry if this is a familiar tale.

Was stopped about a week ago, having nipped a mile up the road to collect my son (my wife had been delayed at work). My son is 10 and has special needs. I couldn't leavehim alone at 8.45 at night outside a swimming pool! I wasn't planning to go out, and felt fine, but had no choice.

Failed the roadside test and got driven off to blow into an Intoximeter. Reading was 66.

Now have a court date and have consulted solicitor. He says he will plead mitigating circumstances (clean licence, short journey, not expecting to go out etc) , but I still expect a ban and a fine (I live in Cheshire by the way)

After thirty years of driving with a completely clean licence I am in a state of shock.

Does anyone here know what happens next (in court I mean) and what might be in store for me? And is there anyting more I can do (I doubt it) to minimise the penalty.

Thanks (I am still in shock)

hi there, absoloute nightmare i know but i think you have a pretty good chance of getting off as lightly as possible.... you are looking at 12 month ban minimum and probably a small fine... im in a worse boat because i blew 88 at the roadside, then got wound up by one of the officers and acted like an idiot in the police station so was charged with failing to supply which is even worse.
i wasnt prepared with what to expect in court so here goes, you will arrive and be seated in a waiting area, your solicitor (if you have one) will meet you there and talk to you about your reasons and mitigation. Eventually you will be called in by the usher. I had to stand in a glass dock which was very upsetting but i wasn't prepared. there was a journalist there, the cps, my lawyer, the court speaker, the usher, the 3 magistrates, a couple of lawyers not connected to me and a few people in the public gallery. you will be asked to confirm your name and address and that is it. i addressed the court myself after my lawyer finished to apologise and explain i understood the seriousness of my offence. my case was adjourned for pre sentance reports because i was so rude in custody etc but i reckon you will be dealt with there and then.
chin up mate, you made a mistake... we all have and we are all paying for it... dont beat yourself up. xx

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off