Need Help and advice

Convicted Driver Insurance

Arun

Dear All

I was arrested in the early hours of xmas morning after a night out! I didnt really drink much and i felt fine to drive home. The distance i had to drive was quite short about 2-3miles( i wish i just rang a taxi now) but i was pulled over by the police and breathalysed. My reading was 85 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 milli-litres of breath. I totally co - operated with the police and was very polite. It's my first offence and ive only had my driving license for 7months. Please can you give me an idea of what i can expect, i'm really worried and i keep reading stories on the internet that people have ended up in jail for less microgrammes of alcohol in there blood then me?!? Please can you help me?

Dear All

I was arrested in the early hours of xmas morning after a night out! I didnt really drink much and i felt fine to drive home. The distance i had to drive was quite short about 2-3miles( i wish i just rang a taxi now) but i was pulled over by the police and breathalysed. My reading was 85 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 milli-litres of breath. I totally co - operated with the police and was very polite. It's my first offence and ive only had my driving license for 7months. Please can you give me an idea of what i can expect, i'm really worried and i keep reading stories on the internet that people have ended up in jail for less microgrammes of alcohol in there blood then me?!? Please can you help me?

For a breath reading of 85 sentencing guidelines suggest a band C fine and a driving ban of between 17 and 22 months. You will no doubt be offered the opportunity to complete the drink driving rehabilitation course which can reduce your ban by up to 25%. You may be ordered by the court to re-take your driving test due to the fact you are an inexperienced driver that has only recently past your test, although this will be at the discretion of the Magistrates on the day of your court case.

You will not face a prison sentence in the circumstances you describe. People who go to prison for lower readings will certainly have other aggravating factors surrounding their cases, such as habitual offenders, really bad driving records, previous criminal and drink driving convictions, they may have been involved in accidents while drink driving and posed a great danger to the public.

Thanks for the quick response thats a real weight off my shoulders. But am i likely to receive Community Service aswell??? Also im going to plead guilty, should i get legal representation??

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off